semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

What is the GSH on the left (?) arm of their jerseys?

A friend of mine was wearing his orange Urlacher jersey, and he didn't know what it meant.  :wacko:

you, sir. rob that man of his jersey. hearing that he didn't take the time to find out the story behind the GSH sickens me. :evil:

ehh, don't mind me, i take it for granted that there are Bears fans around here and they automatically know what the GSH on my Payton jersey means.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

George S. Halas not only coached and owned the team, but if my memory serves me correctly :D , he also named the team.

back in the days when all sports teams in a city had the same nickname, the football club in Chicago was originally gonna be called the Cubs, like the baseball team. However, Halas sighted that football players were, at that time anyways, much bigger then baseball players. Therefore, if baseball players were Cubs, then football players must be BEARS.

George S. Halas not only coached and owned the team, but if my memory serves me correctly :D , he also named the team.

back in the days when all sports teams in a city had the same nickname, the football club in Chicago was originally gonna be called the Cubs, like the baseball team. However, Halas sighted that football players were, at that time anyways, much bigger then baseball players. Therefore, if baseball players were Cubs, then football players must be BEARS.

Ironchef is correct the Bears were originally the Decatur Staleys until they were purchased by George S. Halas. He then founded the NFL and moved the team to Chicago. He changed name as Ironchef said and used his old Alma Mater's colors, Illinios, for his teams color.One great story about Halas comes from when Mike Ditka played for him originally in the 60's. Ditka was underpaid and want a raise in pay. When questioned why he didn't receive one he stated that old man throws nickels around like sewer caps. Ditka was traded two weeks later to Philadelphia.

Later Ditka apologized to Halas and later was hired by Halas before his death.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

I'll be sure to steal it from him and/or beat him next time he wears it.

I mean, I'm from Atlanta..there's no way I could know that..

He said it was some kind of "club" that "all NFL teams" are "in", but only Da Bears wear it on their jersey..I was suspicious, so I asked y'all.

Thanks!

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived