marching bands

goalieboy82

That would cut down on halftime concessions. Which we know almost every owner gets a bulk of the proceeds.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

The Chiefs have a band in the stands that plays throughout the game. I think one reason teams don't is because that, not only do they have to support them, they also have to have a place to put them when they aren't playing (ie-take up seats). Another is the fact that it is easier to let bands from local schools come to perform during halftime. A thing I love about the Chiefs games is that every year they have all three local Big XII schools (KU, MU, K-State) come in for their own halftime and each time two thirds of the crowd boos, while a third is cheering.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

I'm actually in the Broncos drumline. We're called the Stampede. Seattle and Jacksonville actually also have drumlines, though I doubt that they'd hold a flame to us. :P

Also, a guy that I marched drum corps with started a drumline for Dallas Mavericks games.

I was in a marching band that played a few Bills halftimes. I really don't think we cut down on concessions sales. It looked to me like about half the seats emptied out while we were playing. We weren't amazing, but I am guessing the people left because of beer and not us.

I'm actually not in any of those photos. They were all taken last season, but I didn't start playing at games until this season. I only did outside corporate gigs last year. I got phased into games this season.

I have to say, it's a blast. I get paid a pretty decent amount to watch a Broncos game from the field and drum. Factor in the Cheerleader scenery, and BAM! Helluva deal.

I'm actually in the Broncos drumline. We're called the Stampede. Seattle and Jacksonville actually also have drumlines, though I doubt that they'd hold a flame to us. :P

Also, a guy that I marched drum corps with started a drumline for Dallas Mavericks games.

Nice man! As a percussion major in college and a Broncos fan -- I salute you! :D

Bands and othher forms of mass entertainment are very hard for NFL games for one main reason. During the regular season, NFL halftimes are only 12 minutes long as opposed to the NCAA's 20 minute halftime. I have owned Dallas Cowboys seats for the past 4 years and generally go to at least 2 road games per season, so I know the time. Texas Stadium is one of the last, if not the last NFL stadium which allows you to have a "pass out" for halftime (probably because the stadium used to be dry before Jerry Jones bought the team). Getting the general spare halftime entertainment on and off in 12 minutes is hard enough. bands generally are out for the pregame and sit in the endzone, upper endzone or not a all or possibly a guest like this year's halftime w/ Destiny's Child on Thanksgiving (Prairie View A& M played pregame and I think at Salvation Arny halftime show).

I'm actually in the Broncos drumline. We're called the Stampede. Seattle and Jacksonville actually also have drumlines, though I doubt that they'd hold a flame to us.  :P

Nice man! As a percussion major in college and a Broncos fan -- I salute you! :D

Nice... you go to CU?

I'm actually in the Broncos drumline. We're called the Stampede. Seattle and Jacksonville actually also have drumlines, though I doubt that they'd hold a flame to us.  :P

Nice... you go to CU?

Yup. Spent 3 years at UNC in Greeley before getting burned out and deciding to move on. Now that I'm at CU, I'm focusing more on the engineering/producing side of music, but still doing the drumming.

Archived