Eagles logo update - concept

kc51design

I wanted to update Crystal Palace logo, specialy the eagle, since it doesn't do it for me. I would update a Palace in the logo, but that would make it too different and didn't want to play with tradition. I know Eagle could be much better, but this is my best, maybe someone can help with advices how to make it better. So bring it on!

2203d0a2.jpg

Is Crystal Palace a club in London? The building looks like the famed Crystal Palace of the 1800's. For a traditional soccer logo thats perfect. The addition of the grey ties everything together. You made some great updates to the eagle as well.

Well, you changed the shading of the Eagle. It appeared to be facing us on the old version, but now appears to be facing away the way the shading appears. Was this intentional? If it's facing toward the viewer it's front/belly area need to be shaded lighter like the original logo.

They gray definitly modernizes the logo and took it from looking like clip-art to a finished looking logo. i also like the slick soccerball you added. Good work.

Well, you changed the shading of the Eagle. It appeared to be facing us on the old version, but now appears to be facing away the way the shading appears. Was this intentional? If it's facing toward the viewer it's front/belly area need to be shaded lighter like the original logo.

They gray definitly modernizes the logo and took it from looking like clip-art to a finished looking logo. i also like the slick soccerball you added. Good work.

I don't think he intends for the eagle to be facing away - he still has its claws drawn facing forward.

Actually I think the main problem is the vague transition from the belly to the tail. He might be able to get away with just changing the tail to grey.

LT

Have you thought about using another font like Times New Roman on the lettering in the logo?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

the font might be worth updating to something else, if you find something simple, but fancier...

it still needs a little bit of work, but it's a great start updating a crest that desperately needs it.

"Times New Roman!

"I think I just heard jp have a stroke."

Who, in the name of Daniel Boone's Mossy Oak underwear, is jp?

[NOTE: Bonus kudos if you know the cartoon that I just referenced with Daniel Boone's Mossy Oak undies.]

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived