Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

Two questions:

1. How the @$*% did "Players of the Century" come into existence? and

2. How come we rarely see any counterfeit hockey sweaters/jerseys?

1. Players of the century is a company that does not want to pay the NFL license fees, so they make the jerseys slightly different from NFL jerseys and they use names and numbers of players current and retired. Their stuff is crap. I have seen many people wearing them, and you would be better off spending your money on the cheap fake Reebok jerseys being sold on eBay or at the flea markets.

2. That's because there is not a high demand for hockey jerseys for there to be a flood of fakes made, however, let one rap star start wearing hockey jerseys on thier videos and you will see a flood of fakes being produced.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heh...I may as well start writin songs again and make some attempt at the music game, either that or Snoop reaches back in his closet for that old Pens jersey :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

That reminds me, I once saw an AP photo of someone in the Middle East wearing a "Buffalo Bills Super Bowl XXV Champs" t-shirt.

If you watch enough National Geographic specials and global news coverage, you'll find a lot of "championship gear" that was made for the team that wound up losing. At least they're not making this stuff and then destroying it, and it's being used to clothe people who likely don't mind that their shirt is factually incorrect.

And 'Scrim - I dug his Springfield Indians jersey even more (the other jersey from the "Gin & Juice" video) - with some tweaking, that could be made into the elusive Hartford Whalers jersey.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

2. That's because there is not a high demand for hockey jerseys for there to be a flood of fakes made, however, let one rap star start wearing hockey jerseys on thier videos and you will see a flood of fakes being produced.

I don't think we'll have to worry about that in the immediate future. :hockeysmiley:

Anyone looking for a Steelers jersey?

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-Reebok-BEN-R...1QQcmdZViewItem

The sleeves are wrong and the name is only yellow, it does not have the black outline!!

Not to mention that the number on the front is placed too high. And isn't the Steelers logo closer to the shoulder than the chest?

Wouldn't it just be easier to post links to the actual authentic ones... :P

I don't trust a single "authentic" jersey I see on ebay anymore.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Anyone looking for a Steelers jersey?

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-Reebok-BEN-R...1QQcmdZViewItem

The sleeves are wrong and the name is only yellow, it does not have the black outline!!

I have seen that one before at Value City, I think it is more a reebok factory reject than it is counterfit but I may be wrong about that. Value City had the Skins 70th anniversary throwbacks in August that were rejects. They had the current dark jersey # colors instead of the plain white #'s the throwbacks have. I passed on them because they were 30 bucks but when they drop them to 90 percent off clearance i will pick a few up.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

they wore it for part of the 94 season (and only during that season), but take a close look:

1. the torso numbers are solid navy. they should be navy with white and navy outline.

2. the sleeves should be completely blue, these ones have white underneath.

EDIT: I stand corrected, he's close to right on this one...I checked an old calendar that had both Aikman and Emmitt wearing the Doublestars, and the sleeves had white undersides and cuffs.

3. the stars should be a lot bigger, from the looks of it. they look as puny as the Thanksgiving versions they wore in 02 and 03.

4. the wordmark under the NFL equipment logo is off: the star should be larger with the same trim as the big stars, and the "COWBOYS" underneath it should be in the traditional font (the one in the endzones), not the one from the current blue jersey (which didn't come into use until 96 anyway)

5. the most glaring omission, an NFL 75th anniversary patch ;)

oddly enough, the blue version this guy's selling got the torso numbers right so I dunno what's his excuse :wacko:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived