Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

Post #400 in this thread & post #800 for me! :hockeysmiley:

And, once again, warning you from spending your hard money on "Stuff That Ain't Right"?.

Up for auction, this snazzy Jaromir Jagr Washington Capitals jersey for $89.95. "All authentic - exactly like he wore with the Caps."

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Throwback-Wa...itemZ7207665783

d1_1.JPG

Ah, but what's wrong here you say? The customization looks dead on. The problem lies in the fact Jagr never wore the blue jersey. He joined the Caps for the 01-02 season and the blue was retired after the 99-00 season.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found a couple:

Numbers are too fat on this one.

Roethlisberger

This one is funny. If it's a throwback, why does it have the current wordmark above the numbers, and the current number font? Plus a few more mistakes, take a look for yourself.

Pats "Throwback"

And here is our good friend, real deal sales, at it again:

Bills Spikes

at further inspection of the boldin jersey above, that logo CREATED HERE!!! is on that jersey! above the nameplate! look!

EDIT: looking harder, thats the louisville logo, not the one created here, but they're alot alike!!!

boldinfakejersey.png

at further inspection of the boldin jersey above, that logo CREATED HERE!!! is on that jersey! above the nameplate! look!

boldinfakejersey.png

Man, that is the Louisville logo over the nameplate.

I know this is a little off-topic, but that Real Deal guy cracks me up. His stuff looks so terribly fake, and when I went to look through his feedback to see if anyone ever said anything, I couldn't help to notice his his childish responses to negative feedback. Not only does he type in caps with too many exclamation points, but he called one guy "a big dummy". :rolleyes:

Isnt this bait & switch when you are promised something but you get something different ?we all know the jersey he sells are not authentic as he is claiming and isnt he breaking laws like computer fraud,mail fraud,phone fraud ?

This is a Staubach 1975 throwback sold by Mitchell and Ness:

235-759-mn-cowb75w12.jpg

Close but no cigar. They get credit for getting the number font right as well as the name lettering, but the numbers in 1975 were plastic and screen printed, not sew-on types like today. Nor do I see any shoulder numbers. Also, in 1975, Staubach only wore one stripe on both sleeves:

235-10-92034007.jpg

Chalk it up to laziness on their part.

Here's another classic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-80s-Walter-Pay...bayphotohosting

Funny, I don't remember the Bears wearing block numbers in the 80's, especially after GSH started showing up on the sleeve. What a joke.

I remember seeing some old NFL Films footage from a Bears game in the 80's, and they had a shot of some guy in the stand wearing a Bears jersey with block numbers. That is probably just an old replica.

Isnt this bait & switch when you are promised something but you get something different ?we all know the jersey he sells are not authentic as he is claiming and isnt he breaking laws like computer fraud,mail fraud,phone fraud ?

Bait and switch is when they lure you in with one item, then either disparage it or tell you it's out of stock and then try and get you to buy a more expensive item instead.

This is just plain old fraud and infringement.

1zgyd8w.jpg

how do these people sleep at night?

64_1.JPG

e9_1.JPG

here is the description:

"Hi,

Up for auction is a heavyweight, issue-grade mesh Oakland Raiders Jersey of #34, Bo Jackson.

This jersey is heavy white mesh with black numbers lined in silver. The name "Jackson" is stitched in all black.

All letters and numbers are professionally sewn. This jersey was obtained from a company called Vintage Collection LLC.

It s 100% NEW and UNWORN!

Tags have been removed

It is very heavyweight, durable and classy.

The "Away" style is a hard jersey to find!!!

This Jersey is styled after 1984 specs.

Looks just like the jersey Bo wore on his infamous Monday Night Football romp to the tunnel! "

BS BS BS BS BS...man what a load! The Raiders jersey I would think would be one of the easiest to counterfeit...come on people!

fpjacksonb.jpg

to add to the monstrosities:

5b_1_bl.JPG

this one is hilarious- the guy who bought it said in the feedback section "NOT so sure about authenticity" uh...ya think

ugh...this guy sucks

another one of his "masterpieces"

de_1_sbl.JPG

Archived