Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow this looks good. Should I or shouldn't I?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SF-49ers-Joe-Montana-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

I know it's a "Players of the Century" jersey, and I'm aware of the stigma, but in my opinion it looks better than the real M&N one. I don't see any glaring mistakes. I'm pretty close to saying yes to getting this thing. Any thoughts?

mainescarf.png

I know the NFL shield shouldn't be there. I didn't really care about that part.

The font is the 1988 name font. Then again, M&N's "6" on the TV numbers are wrong (they're squished), so I guess it's a trade off.

I can't really complain for 45 bucks. It's the best looking Montana jersey I've found. Thanks for the help.

mainescarf.png

Okay, well I'm not quite sure that these are fake, but whatever. If anyone bids on the toast they would be a complete boxhead, because anyone could cut a piece of toast using their foot and a knife. Anyone bidding on the pancake is just a partial boxhead. :D The pancake is quite a bit harder to make, but not that hard.

$10 on E-Bay right now but I'm hesitant....you tell me. Real or fake? BTW if this is real I call dibs!

90_1.JPG

62_1.JPG

c2_1_b.JPG

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Whalers Jersey Size 52

I just dont trust anything Whalers b/c it's so rare but if this turns out to be real someone might wanna grab it. I can't wear 52 so it's all yours.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

$10 on E-Bay right now but I'm hesitant....you tell me. Real or fake? BTW if this is real I call dibs!

90_1.JPG

62_1.JPG

c2_1_b.JPG

This one looks legit to me. Regardless, you'd probably be the only person with a Brian Cox jersey. You do realize you must wear a big neck pad at all times.

Like this one:

s_cox.jpg

at further inspection of the boldin jersey above, that logo CREATED HERE!!! is on that jersey! above the nameplate! look!

boldinfakejersey.png

Man, that is the Louisville logo over the nameplate.

I think that this was meant to be an alternate/fashion jersey for the Trojans to wear because I have seen it before.

c5_2.JPG

Blues Jersey

This looks pretty real except that the fight strap looks like it's too high up on the back! Kinda weird.

68_1.JPG

spacer.png

While doing a search on eBay, I came across a couple really awful examples...

David Robinson USA "throwback"

Patrick Ewing USA "throwback"

Something tells me we've seen stuff from this seller in this thread before... <shameless plug> Anyhow, compare those to my ORIGINAL '92 replica Magic Johnson jersey which I have on eBay. </shameless plug>

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Yeah...I have to agree those are pretty awful.In fact,ALL of his jerseys are pretty awful.Also...why are you starting the listing at only $1.00?Man that's a steal.

Also...the quote under your avatar....was'nt that from an ESPN commercial w/Cam Neely during his first season out of the league?I cant remember what they were advertising(ESPN the magazine maybe??) but I definitely remember that quote as he was outside working in the flower beds.

98Falcons.png

Yeah...I have to agree those are pretty awful.In fact,ALL of his jerseys are pretty awful.Also...why are you starting the listing at only $1.00?Man that's a steal.

Also...the quote under your avatar....was'nt that from an ESPN commercial w/Cam Neely during his first season out of the league?I cant remember what they were advertising(ESPN the magazine maybe??) but I definitely remember that quote as he was outside working in the flower beds.

I think it was ESPN the Mag when it first came out.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I'm starting at $1.00 because people seem to be more likely to bid when they see such a low price. Also, I just want to get rid of stuff! Just sell, baby! B)

As for the Neely quote, it was actually for ESPN News (or ESPNEWS) and he was bemoaning the fact that they bring out the all news & highlight network after he's retired. There was another line that was good, too... Something like "I mean, look at me: Gardening!"

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Those are both replicas. Real replicas just not authentic.

spacer.png

Archived