Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How would you like to be the asshat wearing this complete with upside down 8's. At least they got them wrong on both sides so they match.

Upside down 8's? Aren't the Raiders' 8's symmetrical, just like on that jersey you posted? The jersey you posted is not a true Moss authentic (note the old NFL collar logo), but I wouldn't be complaining about upside down 8's, especially when they're not there. Be careful of odd angles in pictures.

Plus, this jersey does not even have the NFL Equipment Shield at the neck of the jersey.

IMO, FAKEY FAKEY FAKEY.

Oh, and there's another clue that it's not authentic:

All of the crests, numbers, and letters are professionaly sewn in double layer tackle twill, and it is a size XL.

The original Rainbow Guts jerseys were screened on, not sewn on.

How would you like to be the asshat wearing this complete with upside down 8's. At least they got them wrong on both sides so they match.

Upside down 8's? Aren't the Raiders' 8's symmetrical, just like on that jersey you posted? The jersey you posted is not a true Moss authentic (note the old NFL collar logo), but I wouldn't be complaining about upside down 8's, especially when they're not there. Be careful of odd angles in pictures.

Plus, this jersey does not even have the NFL Equipment Shield at the neck of the jersey.

IMO, FAKEY FAKEY FAKEY.

Did you even read my post?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2140395

check out the description:

Who doesn't love a parade? Celebrate your 2005 World Series Champion Houston Astros by wearing this Parade Hooded Sweatshirt. 60% Cotton / 40% Polyester, screen printed graphic on front

okay it doesn't count but I think it's funny

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

What's wrong here?

The font for the numbers is wrong. They should have large serifs on the bottom of the 4's.

Also, Todd Bertuzzi didn't start the season in Vancouver for "Game One". He was an Islander at the start of 97-98. He never wore that GameONe 97 patch!

Dave Babych was #44 that game.

I also question the "Game Worn" patch that I know to be false. Kinda shady there.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

That is a white jersey with "BOSTON" written on it, the link you put up shows the Grey Road "Boston", and the font looks different. According to my copy of the MLB Jersey Style Guide (promoted here) the font is totally different for that particular jersey, as is the tagging. The correct font for the "Boston" for 1974 is the same font on the road jersey of today's jersey. It is clear that the two fonts are different, and in fact, not even close.

Are you agreeing with me that it looks fake, or are you being sarcastic?

I'm saying that's a grey jersey (check the closeup photo of the tag: http://cgi.ebay.com/1974-Boston-Red-Sox-DO...QQcmdZViewItem)

• 2 weeks later...

Is it the sleeves or captain's C?

Gretzky was never Captain of the Rangers. Mark Messier and Brian Leetch were captains.

Also, this jersey with no tie-neck was only worn for the first year Gretzky was a Ranger. I assume that wouldn't have stopped them from customizing this as a Gretzky even if he never wore this style.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived