Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

Most unusual, a current Penguins jersey in the old colors. Some might actually prefer it that way.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-JE...itemZ8373207036

c6_1_b.JPG

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I'd like to know is why it seems SO MANY people are out to screw buyers. I mean there are ten times the number of counterfeit jerseys as real jerseys, and they're getting harder and harder to tell. Yet they sell for the same price! I just don't get it.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

This jersey has so many errors in it I can't believe it.

It's a 1998 Nagano Olympic style jersey. The only thing right with it is the font for the numbers.

The font for the name on the back is wrong is incorrect for a 1998 jersey.

The 2004 World Cup patch does not belong on this style jersey.

The font for the Captain's "C" is not only wrong, but should not be two colors.

Jagr was not the Captain of the 1998 Olympic Team OR the 2004 World Cup team.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JAROMIR-JAGR-Czech-Wor...itemZ8748364652

You'd think for $125 they would get a little close than this disaster.

UPDATE: I emailed the above list to the seller, and to their credit they replied with the following hilarious reply - "Thanks for the History lesson, however nobody cares."

1095752348643_jagr_7.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I guess all these guys mottos are "Why make an honest living when you can screw people instead!?"

Just imagine, if all the people in the world who were evil, shady, unpleasant, or out to screw you just disappeared...there'd be like 5% of the world left. :blink:

You know...on a sidenote...I wonder if Ebay would let us help them find people who sell fakes at real jersey prices. Because isn't that technically stealing?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Maybe people can post questions to the scum asking why they're selling counterfeit goods.  I wonder what kind of reactions we'll see, especially from real_deal_sales.

They'd all be the same: "What? I'm not selling counterfiet goods!"

Or, if you're real_deal_sales:

"SHUT UP!!!!!! GO AWAY!!!!!!! THIS BUYER IS CANADIAN, HE'S TROUBLE!!!!!!!!! I DON'T SELL COUNTERFEIT JERSEYS!!!!!!!!!! MY JERSEYS ARE 100% AUTHENTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS GUY IS NOTHING BUT A POOP HEAD!!!!!!!!!"

Does that sound about right? (read his responses to negative feedback)

There's gotta be something wrong with this that I'm not seeing because if this is the real deal it's a heck of a deal!

Rangers Jersey

spacer.png

There's gotta be something wrong with this that I'm not seeing because if this is the real deal it's a heck of a deal!

Rangers Jersey

On cursory exam, it looks OK. That said, it's probably too good to be true. Maybe it's a replica authentic, and the weight of the fabric is too light. It'd be worth the risk if you were foolish enough to be a Rangers fan (you know who you are... :P).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Most unusual, a current Penguins jersey in the old colors. Some might actually prefer it that way.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-JE...itemZ8373207036

c6_1_b.JPG

also unusual, when I click on the link the description says it is a lemieux #66 jersey, while the picture clearly shows #87 is on the arms of jersey. There is another picture which shows the back of the jersey, which clearly says lemieux #66 on the back

Rangers Jersey

On cursory exam, it looks OK. That said, it's probably too good to be true. Maybe it's a replica authentic, and the weight of the fabric is too light. It'd be worth the risk if you were foolish enough to be a Rangers fan (you know who you are... :P).

This looks real and the price is not unusual. What happens is that if a normal person such as you or I try to sell something, we will get a lower price than a "powerseller" for whatever the reason. I frequently sell jerseys that are authentic that I no longer want and I rarely get the type of price that a major seller gets. Most of the items that are sold by low volume sellers do tend top be real, I have found.

41_1_b.JPG7e_1_b.JPG

Senators Far East Bootleg

Oh yea, it's another one of those beauties from Taiwan or some other mysterious land in the Far East where they have never seen a Senators game to know just how bad these really are.

HansonsSig.jpg

Rangers Jersey

This looks real and the price is not unusual. What happens is that if a normal person such as you or I try to sell something, we will get a lower price than a "powerseller" for whatever the reason. I frequently sell jerseys that are authentic that I no longer want and I rarely get the type of price that a major seller gets. Most of the items that are sold by low volume sellers do tend top be real, I have found.

That's actually a good thing then. You end up with a great product at a low price if your a buyer.

spacer.png

Dan Marino Jersey

This could be another steal but I wanted to verify. I'm going to bid on it if it's real.

spacer.png

Has anyone ever done business with klutchsports?

Yes I have purchased 16 jerseys from him. Except for a Lions jersey that I bought from him all were actually authentic. The Lions jersey was a fake, the lions embroidery at the neck was way too big & the letters were regular tackle twill not the shiny tackle twill the lions use. The other jerseys that I got from him were all real. I got most of the jerseys in the home or away color to complete my collection of jerseys. When I matched up the jerseys to the 35 jerseys that I have bought from NFLShop.com they were the same heavy weight material, same tackle twill, perfectly sewn logos matched and some of them actually came in the plastic bag with the bar code that the NFLShop.com jerseys that I have purchased came in. Except for the Lions jersey I have been really happy with the purchases that I have made from him and you really can't beat his prices most of the jerseys I purchased from him were under $30.00 with the exception of a couple of jersesy that I paid under $45.00

Archived