Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kjabbcolyel.jpg

There's something wrong about this isn't there...claims to be a UCLA authentic throwback... :rolleyes:

Are they allowed to make Alcindor jerseys?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I too bought a Blue Carr for $75. Terry is great about cutting deals on jerseys they have lying around. Plus, after having bought over 200 authentics from him over 10yrs, he is the only place I would purchase a customized jersey from as his work is second to none.

I got a Vick black alt off of eBay for $30 + shipping last year. I was bidding on one for the heck of it, bid $50, and lost. Then, the seller emailed me and said he had 1 more he wanted to get rid of, and said I could make an offer. I figured I'd start low, bid $30, he accepted. I figured it was a replithentic and he was trying to yank my chain, but sure enough, it's the real deal.

spikes.jpg

OH JOY A BIG RED X.... way to instill that consumer confidence!

I see a big white Tiki Barber jersey...

it was an X when I found it, must have change it

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

$60.

Wow. I checked out their website. Looks pretty shady, considering they're also selling designer jeans. Please post back once you receive the jersey, and let us know what it is like (same as $250+ anthentics?)

The thing is, I've bought things from there and it was real. My friend and I found that site, and since we really wanted an authentic jersey, we had really searched around for it. I really do wonder how they can sell those things for so cheap, at least having the jerseys real.

EDIT: Here's two pictures of the item being sold by the site. Looks pretty real to me.

dnowitskigrn.jpg

dnowitskigrn.jpg

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

First of all, Abdul-Jabbar never played for the Bruins. Alcindor did. And UCLA never wore gold when "Lewie" played there. If anything, that jersey looks like a Lakers throwback from their Minneapolis days. Can we see the front?  :wacko:

Not to mention the fact that UCLA did not have player names on the back when Alcindor played there! So much for "authentic" throwback.

looks real to me, right down to the different grays used for the eagle heads and the numbers. (yes, for those who don't realize it, the Birds use two different shades of silver/gray on the jersey-dark gray on the numbers and silver for the eagle heads)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The replicas I have are size M, which is a little baggy on me, but my chest is too big for a S. The smallest authentics I've seen are 46.

Anyone know what size authentic a replica M equates to? 46 sounds pretty big to me, but if it is the smallest they offer, maybe there's something I don't know.

Edit: I'm asking about Reebok NFL jerseys, not basketball.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It was a UCLA...I just didn't put the front cause that wasn't as obvious of a mistake.

They also had names on the backs of all the college jerseys (this place), which I'm doubting some of them had. I don't think Dick Butkus for example had a name on his, I could be way off on that though.

I've seen a blue Lew Alcindar jersey before, authentic. It had no name. I didn't see it in person, but needless to say that was at least more right than putting his muslim name on the a jersey he work about 5-10 years before the name change.

Thierry Henry, you aren't in any affiliated with the site, right???

Just askin'.

Thierry Henry, you aren't in any affiliated with the site, right???

Just askin'.

Haha, no, but I understand why you asked. I've seen some fakes on that site, no way I'd want to show it here if I was. :)

I didn't even think that you'd look in the properties of the picture and go to the site.

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

I too bought a Blue Carr for $75. Terry is great about cutting deals on jerseys they have lying around. Plus, after having bought over 200 authentics from him over 10yrs, he is the only place I would purchase a customized jersey from as his work is second to none.

Terry is a superb guy....taught me everything I know about customizing jerseys and was so unselfish about it.Almost anyone else would have(and did) turn their nose up at me for fear of competition.He knows he's the best so he knew he could tell me the all the proper techniques and dos and donts.

98Falcons.png

Archived