Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've actually gotten two Eric Moulds authentic jerseys on ebay cheap ($50-$60 each). They were the real deal. Heck, I even returned one to the Bills store in exchange for the new throwback.

I had the same concern at first, but when it arrived I examined every inch of it. I hope you have the same luck. If not, and it's still reasonably close, well you've still got something better than a replica for the same price.

Hope it works out.

How about just posting the ebay link or item number and let us have a looksie?

Well, this is the reason I kind of think it'll be fake. I may get lucky like jerseyfan, but the seller didn't post a picture of the actual item. He posted the picture of the authentic Shockey jersey off of NFLshop.com.

I'm happy he puy a picture of the not the actual item. That way, I can return it if it's fake and say it wasn't what was actually pictured.

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

I actually got pretty lucky from a similar experience on Ebay.I've purchased two authentic baseball jerseys from there(Marlins and Pirates alts for $64 and $55 respectively) and they were both the real deal as well.I was worried because neither time the seller posted pics of the backs,only the fronts,but both times I was and still am completely satisfied.The Pirates is a Rawlings(from around the '01 season I'm guessing) and the Marlins a Russell(from '03 or '04).Once I get them numbered(I'm doing it myself) I'll be posting pics.

Often times the NFL shop contracts out to sellers,such as Champs,Eastbay,and others,and this could be a case of a guy with certain contacts within the online company who gets his jerseys direct through them and they allow him to use their pics in his listings.I woud think it's okay,since frequently the MLB and NFL merchants scan Ebay to make sure pics were'nt taken off of their sites.

I hope this info helps.

98Falcons.png

I actually got pretty lucky from a similar experience on Ebay.I've purchased two authentic baseball jerseys from there(Marlins and Pirates alts for $64 and $55 respectively) and they were both the real deal as well.I was worried because neither time the seller posted pics of the backs,only the fronts,but both times I was and still am completely satisfied.The Pirates is a Rawlings(from around the '01 season I'm guessing) and the Marlins a Russell(from '03 or '04).Once I get them numbered(I'm doing it myself) I'll be posting pics.

Often times the NFL shop contracts out to sellers,such as Champs,Eastbay,and others,and this could be a case of a guy with certain contacts within the online company who gets his jerseys direct through them and they allow him to use their pics in his listings.I woud think it's okay,since frequently the MLB and NFL merchants scan Ebay to make sure pics were'nt taken off of their sites.

I hope this info helps.

Thanks, that boosted my confidence. I hope this guys is indeed getting them through a larger store.

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

Not to be a shill, but I've gotten jerseys at Exclusive Pro Sports (in fact, I was referred there by board members when I had similar true/fake authentic questions), and they've always been made up to standard.

Anyway, I was getting something else, and saw that they're having a closeout sale. Prize pick was a David Carr blue Texans for $75. Worth a look, their work has always been more than OK with me, and I scrutinize with the worst of them on these boards.

My SF Giants home jersey is on its way...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

If you have an A. J. Wright (A TJX company, like an "Urban" Marshall's or TJMaxx) in your neighborhood, check it out. It's hit or miss, but you can get seconds/overruns/traded players/left by free agent NFL Reebok authentics for dirt cheap. The used to tag them at $29.99 but the just jacked them up to $49.99.

The two near me just got a boatload of Giants blue and alternate red jerseys, but the sizes unfortunately start at 54, which look silly on a 5-foot-6 guy like me. But I was able to pick up a Laverneus Coles Skins alternate and an Eddie George Titans in size 48, and got a few that I've sold on eBay (Portis orange Broncos size 56, Rickey Williams before he bolted the Dolphins, stuff like that).

They also sell the replicas for $14.99, practically a steal!

With all the fraud on eBay, sometimes it's better to grab something live and in person :)

"All pictures of the jersey seen below are from the exact jersey being auctioned. Pictures can be viewed below."

barber1.jpg

OH JOY A BIG RED X.... way to instill that consumer confidence!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Looks fine. How much did you pay?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Looks about right to me- the cut is the same, and the Eagles have that type of mesh, the only question I may have is the thickness of the jersey, but I have a Brady replithentic jersey, and the "Patriots" script under the neck is screened on, and this one looks sewn like the authentic. It looks like the real deal to me, as far as I can see in the picture.

spikes.jpg

$60.

Wow. I checked out their website. Looks pretty shady, considering they're also selling designer jeans. Please post back once you receive the jersey, and let us know what it is like (same as $250+ anthentics?)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived