Rancho Cucamonga Quakes Uniforms

stpmn

The Rancho Cucamonga Quakes unveiled their new caps and uniforms yesterday. Let's all hope using the bill of the cap as an artboard does not catch on with other minor league clubs. Especially Major League clubs! I have a feeling the Quakes and New Era have opened up a bad can of worms!

1107jpeg3000nt.jpgpr05rcunis0ab.jpg

Quakes website story

Minor League Baseball website story

Call me crazy, but I'm getting tired of how baseball is the only sport unspokenly required to be "traditional." I'd like to see a bit more variety in the uniforms, because when you're designing them, you're really handcuffed as far as what you can do.

I like where this is going. I might open up a bit and try some new baseball jersey styles. Traditionalists beware.

I'm with nitro...I miss the old Padres brown-yellow-orange cap, the old Expos red-white-blue and the original Los Angeles Angels with the halo. And who says that only the Minor Leagues get to do this? I'm not saying that every team should have 360-designed caps, but some could easily pull it off.

Cards.png

The unveiling date for the Blaze is listed as TBD, so I'm not sure.

I know what you are going to say, but how do you know these things? Do you pay people? Are you a Woodward-Bernstein type journalist?

Man, you have connections.

(Green with envy....)

Cards.png

Wait'll you see the new Bakersfield Blaze logos...they're a hoot.

My only thoughts about this... is once again Pantone is giving us a loaded statement... with a name like BLaze...either they are unveiling a burning owl... or there is some marijuana references in the logo...lol... or we'll need to be high to like it... :D

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

The Rancho Cucamonga Quakes unveiled their new caps and uniforms yesterday. Let's all hope using the bill of the cap as an artboard does not catch on with other minor league clubs. Especially Major League clubs! I have a feeling the Quakes and New Era have opened up a bad can of worms!

1107jpeg3000nt.jpgpr05rcunis0ab.jpg

Quakes website story

Minor League Baseball website story

I don't see it being a big deal for a Minor League team. This is how things get mixed up and new things come about.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Wait'll you see the new Bakersfield Blaze logos...they're a hoot.

My only thoughts about this... is once again Pantone is giving us a loaded statement... with a name like BLaze...either they are unveiling a burning owl... or there is some marijuana references in the logo...lol... or we'll need to be high to like it... :D

No real hidden message in there...however, I'll give you a hint:

More like fall foliage than flame...

These are pretty sharp. The blue fault line on the bill doesn't bother me at all. C'mon, it's creative and not garish in any way. Just a cool little touch to tie into the nickname.

I think part of my affection for the uni's and logos is how much they remind me of the Royals - especially the blue cap with the "RC" logo. There are also similarities with the baseball logo. I had to doublecheck to make sure this is an Angels affiliate.

Speaking of the LAAofA, I would love it if they'd put the halo back on the crown. That's one of my favorite old baseball hats.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

I agree with kess there, the blue line is a very nice touch, and wont be all that noticible during a game (it is blue on black). I think its perfectly fine, heck I would have like to see them extend that kind of forward thinking to the uniforms as well (a fault line pant stripe perhaps?)

I'm all for moving forward on baseball designs, but here's something to think about.

Rarely, does a professional baseball team look bad. The timeless look works for pretty much any names, colors, even the Devil Rays look good.

As for the cap bill, I don't mind THIS one, but I'm worried what this could lead to.

I just find it very odd that the Quakes claim they're setting precedent by having embroidery on the bill of their caps when the Seattle Pilots did it in 1969.

Nice call. Hadn't thought of that.

Archived