Who do you think is the greatest Running Back of

Gary

Who do you think is the greatest RB of all time?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Has to be Mr. Diamond in the Rough. :D

Barry Sanders was kinda like the Michael Vick's & Randall Cunningham's of RBs. Electrifying during the season but can't get it done when it really counts.

You say Emmitt Smith was a product of the system? You forget that Sanders had the likes of Herman Moore (1,424 yards/10 TD's in three year span), Brett Perriman (1,255 / 7TD's in two years), and Scott Mitchell (he was actually good with Detriot, averaging 3,580 yards per season with the Lions) around him. Their version of the triplets was more productive than Dallas. Even had the fourth guy (Perriman). During the years they were together (1995-97) was when Barry was at his best.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Its hard to argue (for me) against Jim Brown.

Barry was the most electrifying RUNNER anyone has ever seen. But a liability (comparably) catching the ball and not much of a blocker.

Payton was my lots of accounts, the most complete RB. Stronger than he looked, tough, loved blocking, elusive and yet gentle off the field.

Plus I think there should probably be room for the Red Granges, Bronco Nagurskis, Paul Hornungs, Gayle Sayers and Earl Campbells on this list, but I'll answer the question as asked.

All I know is I don't think you can have any serious discussion about Emmitt being the best ever.

EDITED Too rambly for my own good.

Numbers arent everything.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I wonder how much O.J. Simpson's football achievements have been eclipsed by his post-football "activities"?

mjrbaseball has a point he went for 2000 in a 14 game season

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Plus I think there should probably be room for the Red Granges, Bronco Nagurskis, Paul Hornungs, Gayle Sayers and Earl Campbells on this list, but I'll answer the question as asked.

Nice to see someone else mention Earl Campbell--and the other names are worthy of mention as well...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

OJ had a great year in 1973 and that will all be just a foot note now becuase of what happened 20 years later, but he is not one of teh best 5 mayu best 10 but not top 5 all time no matter what happeend to his wife

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived