Raytown Football

barnesdesign

dunno about Utah, but I've seen teams around here sport alts. Cudahy, the high school that brought us John Navarre, has been known to sport gold jerseys or homecoming specials on occassion (their primary color is purple...on a sidenote, despite the colors, they are teh Packers). Also, Horlick HS, one of my school's 2 hated rivals, has alternated between black and red in the past. Heck, a few months back when ESPN showed a HS game, that Evangel team from Louisiana was playing. From photos, I know they usually wear blue, but on this night, for the whole country to see, they had on all black, aside from their red hardhats.

gah...black for the sake of black... :evil:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Raytown's in Kansas City, Discrim. ;)

i knew it was in Missouri...anyways, i was just sayin to barnes that HS teams have worn alts...

I realize that there are no alts in high school, so consider it a different home version

back on the jersey, this is revolutionary! a blue jays jersey that uses...blue! i thought blue jays were black...or is that just what toronto wants you to think? :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i think they look great ben. i think the best combos are light blue home jersey with dark blue pants. white away jersey with dark blue pants. it would be very economical that way, with one pair of pants.

your blue jay logo and wordmark are really sleek and modern, very clean, no? actually reminds me of the falcons style-wise. it screams modern to me, but the helmet youve depicted looks kinda, well, old fashioned with the greay mask. if it were all blue, maybe even without the stripe, i think the helmet would have a very sleek look, like the falcons helmet does, and thus fit better with the modern package.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

FYI - I wanted (hired) barnes to do up some new blue jay concepts for me to present to the school when I interview for the head football coach/P.E. teacher job at Raytown HS.

I want to show them what direction I want the program to go and I asked Barnes to come up with a new logo and some uniform mock ups. I really like what he has done so far.

As far as a 3rd Jersey, I might ask for that after a couple of years, as the program progresses and we starting winning. I really like the gray pants and dark blue ones (currently they only have royal blue).

I want to do something different than what the school has now.

Here is the school's current Logo - bluejay1.gif

Here are current football unis; The team in Royal blue & white Helmets is Raytown, they are playing the Lee's Summit West Titans.

raytown_vs_ls_west_1.jpg

Also is the current Raytown helmet, raytown.gifthis is the Traditional helmet that has been worn for many years. So I am tampering with tradition and may be hard to sell to the Administration. Time will tell!!!

Any input from you all would be appreciated. I really love what barnesdesign has come up with. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

theres no way you can pass that up if youre an administrator haha. although i must voice my support once again for an all navy helmet, home light blue on navy blue, and away white on navy blue!

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I agree on the Navy helmet, I have only one change and one concern.

I would make the helmets navy with metalic flakes - like this San Jose State version

raytown_blue_jays_helmetsjspartans.jpg

Comments?

My concern is that Lee's Summit West also has Navy helmets, boring and just dark blue. I don't want may QB having to see thru only a sea of blue helmets for an open reciever.

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

My concern is that Lee's Summit West also has Navy helmets, boring and just dark blue. I don't want may QB having to see thru only a sea of blue helmets for an open reciever.

Maybe some other team in division has white helmets, so there will always be a game when the teams have same helmets.

Congrats on the great concept, it deserves more then a high school.

I like royal blue and silver home, and white and silver road uniforms, but if they accept the concept, whaterver they choose will be prime.

I also like the font of current Raytown logo, but that just won't fit into this new concept.

That's a beautiful concept. I'd have to go against Tempest's lobbying for the blue pants because I think the gray pants combo is far superior.

I also wonder what the logo -- with a ton of blue -- would look like ona white helmet. It looks great on a blue helmet, but it would stand out more on a white one with a blue facemask.

I say use only one set of pants: White.

All the unis with white pants just look clean and crisp.

I agree with vicfurth on how sharp all the jerseys look with the white pants.

I really want to go with two sets of pants. Probably be allowed to buy one set of pants the first year, then maybe the gray or navy the next year.

My district isn't about to put down a lot of $money$ to a coach in his first year. However, my efforts at the middle school has earned me a good reputation. At the middle school, as my program progressed, I asked for more and better stuff.

3 years ago I asked for black pants, then the next year I asked for new jerseys.

Over the 7 year period we have got a good program running and we are the sharpest looking team on the field. See below-

coachmiller_with_bteam_sms_fb2003.jpg

nice. just to clarify, my idea too, was to use a metallic navy blue for the helmet. i dont really like the flat colors at all on helmets.

Okay first off thanks to everyone for responding so far. I agree that perhaps a dark metallic blue helmet with a blue facemask would make it look really great. I personally am a fan of the white pants as well, but I don't mind the grey either. I actually am not a very big fan of the all-blue get-up...I think the white and grey look a lot classier. The light blue jersey turned out better than I thought it would, but maybe if there are third jerseys it could be considered as an option.

And to answer a couple of posters' questions, yeah they are custom fonts. I mentioned in the post about the logos that I usually try to do all my own fonts, or at least edit existing fonts. But htese are custom-Ben. I usually do the whole alphabet and numbers too.

Thanks for your responses, and KCScout, send me an email if you get a chance and we can talk about what your opinions on the designs are. Thanks guys :)

Archived