What's Your Favorite MLB Stadium?

amare32

Vote for your favorite MLB stadium.  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for Safeco. Maybe it's just that the grass is always so lush and green and the way it's contrasted in the mowing practices (dark hither, light thither....if you followed that, congratulations), but I love it. I've seen 2 games there and the experience was awesome.

But I still like the Metrodome.... :D

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Unlike alot of Twins fans i really like the Metrodome. I mean what other stadium has a Swastika on the roof????? and who doesnt love getting blown outta the stadum onto Kirby Puckett drive :D I've got to broadcast some football games from the dome when i was college and to sit up there in the broadcast booth and look down on the field and all over the stadium you can apperciate the building....and then walking on the playing surface and looking up to the roof you feel so very small.

No love for Coors Field?

I know the Rockies suck and all, and their poor play has pretty much killed the overall fan atmosphere, but it's a hell of a park. I hadn't been in a while before the Red Sox came to town, but when I did, I was reminded of how great a park it was.

Architecturally, it's one of the nicest stadiums I've ever seen. It fits in with the surrounding buildings quite nicely, and became a model for new contruction in our Lower Downtown district, which it helped revitalize.

Such a cool stadium, regardless of how terrible the team is that makes it home.

obviously I'm going with Kauffman Stadium. The "K" is awesome. Such a great atmosphere.

I wish I could be more objective, but the "K" and Skydome are the only two Ballparks I've been in.

I've drove by...

Kingdome

Busch

Comisky

Coors Field

Astrodome

Qualcomm

I love the "K", but a new downtown KC Ballpark might be even better.

No love for Coors Field?

I know the Rockies suck and all, and their poor play has pretty much killed the overall fan atmosphere, but it's a hell of a park. I hadn't been in a while before the Red Sox came to town, but when I did, I was reminded of how great a park it was.

Architecturally, it's one of the nicest stadiums I've ever seen. It fits in with the surrounding buildings quite nicely, and became a model for new contruction in our Lower Downtown district, which it helped revitalize.

Such a cool stadium, regardless of how terrible the team is that makes it home.

Coors is my Favorate! Cold Filtered...Yup....

And boy does the baseball sail in that thin mile-high Rocky-Mountain Air.

I believe there is more homers hit there than any stadium(I could be wrong though)

And all the homers brings the FOUNTAIN!!!!

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH!!!

COORS FIELD IS MY FAVORATE!!!

Edit: Forgot to say I hate the Rockies

Ive been to Shea, Yankee, Vet, ProPlayer(Dolphins), Fenway, Turner, Skydome, Camden, the Jake, PacBell, Oakland, PNC, BOB, CitizensBank, and Wrigley

(walked in on Dodger Stadium, Angels, and Comiskey but no game)

I liked PNC the best of them.

quick comments on each-

Shea was built for football and Baseball, and it shows in some of the seats, you can get good sightlines there, but it needs replacing.

Yankee in my opinion has nothing to do with history (unless you mean history since 1976, because its basically a new stadium since it was rebuilt) All together a good place for a game, but its pretty tight seating.

Vet was dump

ProPlayer, really not a bad a place to see a game

Fenway awesome place, it just hits you that its such a tiny place w/o an upper deck when you walk in.

Camden- First of the new bread, great place

Turner- Cheap knockoff of Camden Yards, every thing about it seems borrowed from Camden, but it still is a good place to watch game, its not like they knocked off the Vet....

Skydome- too much turf and concrete for me. Dome is something, but its very industrial.

Jacobs- Great atmosphere, but really high upperdeck due to stacked lux boxes. seats in the upper corners are impossible to see too.

PacBell- Well put together. thought the crowds were alittle dead not into games.

Oakland- not much to the stadium, but very good atmosphere. big contrast to SF

PNC- Tiny park perfect setting, low upperdeck. Just outstanding place

Wrigley- Gotta love Wrigley,

Bob- Giant Airplane hanger with grass, but they did make a giant airplane hanger interesting

Going up to Miller-Wrigley-Comiskey this summer.

Well, I voted mistakenly for Fenway. I love Fenway and what it means, but having gone to a few other ballparks Fenway is a terrible place to watch a game.

Fenway - I love it, but it's old and uncomfortable.

Yankee Stadium - I hate the Yankees, but there is history there. Now as far as the look, it's a big concrete mold. It's just boring.

Olympic Stadium - Total dump, but the beer was 2 bucks and the tickets cost me 1 canadian dollar.

Rogers Centre - Very underrated. Nice place to watch a game.

Shea Stadium - What a complete and utter dump. It has nothing to offer.

And what I should have picked:

Camden Yards - I loved Camden Yards, what a place. Beautiful. Made me extremely jealous.

I've been to Tiger, Tropicana, Minute Maid and Comerica....and here are my thoughts

Tiger: Dont remember too well (I was 6 when I was there), but from what I hear, it was historical

Tropicana: what I like to call (the Hurricane Shelter). Its a cement box, and sucks the big one

Minute Maid: Gotta love it, beautiful park, the roof was closed when I was there but still a great park (and the only one I've stepped onto the field)

Comerica: Nice stadium too, great for the Tigers, but its no Tiger Stadium

Archived