AF2 Loses Two Teams

bhambruiser

AF2 Loses two teams

A new twelve team indoor football league is announced, the United Indoor Football Association. Two arenafootball2 league teams, the Tennessee Valley Vipers and the Peoria Pirates have elected to join the UIF. The Vipers will play in the new league as the Tennessee Valley Pythons.

Pythons owner Art Clarkson is excited about the league's chances. "We have a chance to take indoor football to another level," Clarkson said.

Some speculate the main reason for Tennessee Valley and Peoria's exit from the af2 is the $50,000 fee each franchise must pay to the Arena Football League each year.

According to a league press release, eight of the twelve teams have been in business four years or more. Nine of the teams come from the National Indoor Football League while Dayton is the lone expansion team.

"When you say it's a new league, it's really not a new league," Clarkson said. "This is going to be a very stable league. We are going to keep this thing fiscally responsible."

Each UIF franchise will play a fifteen-game regular season schedule with eight home games. The season will run from March through July with playoffs to follow. The playoff format has yet to be determined. Neither has the pay scale. In fact, most everything about the league has yet to be decided.

"This is an ongoing process," Clarkson said. "The league is still being formed. Next year is going to be interesting."

I believe it's been discussed before. Now if the story was about the ABA losing 20 teams, it would really mean something.

The ABA is in trouble? Where have you heard such nonsense?

I beleive you're just looking for trouble with news like this, my friend. Next thing, you'll be telling us that the two Florida teams in MLS will be folding.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

AF2 Loses two teams

A new twelve team indoor football league is announced, the United Indoor Football Association. Two arenafootball2 league teams, the Tennessee Valley Vipers and the Peoria Pirates have elected to join the UIF. The Vipers will play in the new league as the Tennessee Valley Pythons.

Pythons owner Art Clarkson is excited about the league's chances. "We have a chance to take indoor football to another level," Clarkson said.

Some speculate the main reason for Tennessee Valley and Peoria's exit from the af2 is the $50,000 fee each franchise must pay to the Arena Football League each year.

According to a league press release, eight of the twelve teams have been in business four years or more. Nine of the teams come from the National Indoor Football League while Dayton is the lone expansion team.

"When you say it's a new league, it's really not a new league," Clarkson said. "This is going to be a very stable league. We are going to keep this thing fiscally responsible."

Each UIF franchise will play a fifteen-game regular season schedule with eight home games. The season will run from March through July with playoffs to follow. The playoff format has yet to be determined. Neither has the pay scale. In fact, most everything about the league has yet to be decided.

"This is an ongoing process," Clarkson said. "The league is still being formed. Next year is going to be interesting."

I posted about this before. Tennessee Valley Changed theirname again at the af2's request. They are now the Raptors.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

What's this about the Jets moving to Phoenix

Dude, I know this is like the pot calling the kettle black..but that joke is really getting old.

Especially when it was my joke to begin with.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

What's this about the Jets moving to Phoenix

Dude, I know this is like the pot calling the kettle black..but that joke is really getting old.

Especially when it was my joke to begin with.

You stole that bit from Steve Allen! :D

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived