nascar races in mexico

yankeeman161

hey guys, heres a interesting sport story, today nascar will be racing for the first time in mexico at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, a 2.7 mile road course 15 minutes from Mexico City. It's the Telcel MOTOROLA Mexico 200 presented by Banamex Busch Series race today at 2PM on Fox.

So here's where your opinion counts: we know that cart has raced in england & germany, nascar has held exibitions in japan. what are the chances that like cart, nascar will be holding more points races outside of the U.S. ?

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

I like it.

Nascar will be in Mexico AND Canada before too long so why not test the waters by sending the Busch Series to Mexico?

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Don't know -- they're going a long way to protect the drivers from some safety concerns they have. Obviously, if it goes over without any major events, then yeah, it's definetely a cool idea.

If it's a success, I saw that they may be doing a Nextel Cup Series Race there in the future. One driver, Tony Stewart I believe, said he would refuse to race at an event in an event in which they need excessive amounts of security just to get them safely to the track.

IUe6Hvh.png

I think there should be a weekend of it. Either:

A. Busch in Mexico for their only road race, with a few local circuit races in the days prior

B. Busch in Mexico and/or Canada with the Nextel Cup race there on Sunday

C. Busch in Mexico on Saturday (again with other local race circuits) and a CASCAR race on Saturday with a Nextel Cup race on Sunday.

D. Give the Busch guys a week off and have a CASCAR race on Saturday with a Nextel Cup race on Sunday and televise the CASCAR race in the US to give it more exposure.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

i actually didn't know nascar never raced in mexico.

i still think nascar is for amateurs. most would never survive the Le Mans.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

i actually didn't know nascar never raced in mexico.

i still think nascar is for amateurs. most would never survive the Le Mans.

Dude, Le Mans is easy, you get to change drivers!

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

i forgot to metion that cart has raced in japan and they currently race in australia. the irl currently races in japan.

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

LOL Le Mans is easy HAHAHA thats a good one. I dont think the Redneck Left Turn Tour will catch on in Mexico.

Oddly enough, the BUSCH race in Mexico was actually on a road course.

Le Mans is easy? Dude, that race is 24 hours long. They have to change drivers!

I saw, I came, I left.

LOL Le Mans is easy HAHAHA thats a good one. I dont think the Redneck Left Turn Tour will catch on in Mexico.

Oddly enough, the BUSCH race in Mexico was actually on a road course.

Le Mans is easy? Dude, that race is 24 hours long. They have to change drivers!

regardless of whether or not NASCAR drivers only turn one way...

From the standpoint of someone who has never raced outside of video games...

I would imagine NASCAR would be tougher.

Not only is this because I rawk at Gran Turismo 4 and suck at NASCAR Chase for the Cup 2005 -- but aside from the amount of time you're in the car, I think having a guy within a foot of you on either side all the time would be tougher.

IUe6Hvh.png

If I am not mistaken NASCAR raced in Japan for a end of the year race in the mid to late 90's. Earnhardt senior raised hell about it and refused to race until NASCAR threatened to fine him some major $$$$$. If I can find out exactly when it is I will let you guys know.

They did a few road races in 96 and 97 in Japan. They were not points paying races for Winston Cup but they were fro the Winston West series. I heard all that on the telecast Sunday.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

i forgot to metion that cart has raced in japan and they currently race in australia. the irl currently races in japan.

It is no longer CART, rather Champ Car Series. This year are scheduled to race in Mexico, Korea, the USA, Canada and Australia. They have also raced in England and Germany Indy Car is only scheduled for Japan this year, and has since 2003.

Champ Car is dead, and so is IndyCar. With the possible split of F1, why not try to expand NASCAR if there is a split at the top rung of FIA controlled motorsport? Rally racing is cool, but it is better on TV.

Archived