College Hockey Concepts

Dan12020

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any desire to jump north of the border? My alma mater, Simon Fraser University, doesn't play hockey. We have long standing traditions in many other intercollegiate athletic sports like football, basketball (men and women), wrestling, track, but no hockey. Odd, for a Canadian university.

If you do, their colours are red, white and blue and the nickname is the Clansmen, Clan for short. Before anyone becomes agitated, it relates to the school's namesake, Simon Fraser, and his Scottish heritage.

Here's a link to the website. SFU Athletics

Thanks in advance!

Here is my next set Villanova...I think the Alt. turned out pretty cool, i like the cat comin out of the jersey.....let me know what you think

VillanovaHome.gif

VillanovaAway.gif

VillanovaAlt.gif

I've liked most of your concepts in this thread, but I have to give the VU set a thumbs-down.

Way too much maroon. The school colors are navy and white, and they throw in the lighter blue for contrast (they've done that for decades). Maroon should never appear that extensively in any Villanova concept.

And the basketball team already has a very distinctive numbering/lettering font. It would look more like a Villanova concept if you used that instead of using fonts that are/were used exclusively by another team (the old Coyotes and Wild, respectively, on the primaries and alt), which causes the viewer to make connections you're not intending.

On the positive, I LOVE the alt crest. That is good enough to be the primary, and relegate the V to the sleeves...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Here is my next set Villanova...I think the Alt. turned out pretty cool, i like the cat comin out of the jersey.....let me know what you think

VillanovaHome.gif

VillanovaAway.gif

VillanovaAlt.gif

I've liked most of your concepts in this thread, but I have to give the VU set a thumbs-down.

Way too much maroon. The school colors are navy and white, and they throw in the lighter blue for contrast (they've done that for decades). Maroon should never appear that extensively in any Villanova concept.

And the basketball team already has a very distinctive numbering/lettering font. It would look more like a Villanova concept if you used that instead of using fonts that are/were used exclusively by another team (the old Coyotes and Wild, respectively, on the primaries and alt), which causes the viewer to make connections you're not intending.

On the positive, I LOVE the alt crest. That is good enough to be the primary, and relegate the V to the sleeves...

Thanks for the imput VitaminD....I don't really know what colors are used more than others....I just see 'em in the crest and kinda base the jersey around it....do you happen to know what the font is that the basketball team uses?? I'll look into changing the colors and see how they turn out....

PavelBure2.png

Delaware.jpg

Dan -

Can you do a set for Northeastern University in Boston? We allegedly play D-1 Hockey (we've only won 2 games this year) and our uniforms have been a revolving door the past few seasons - like 4 jerseys in one season).

Would LOVE to see what you come up with. If you can't find the marks you need on www.gonu.com, please send me a PM and I have some i can send you.

jverb-

only thing i would change about UNLV is the third jersey logo - just seems to take up too much room - maybe a NY rangers-esque diagonal design of U-N-L-V would look cool

overall though i like it, especially the red version, very simple in a classic kind of way

worldchampsll1.png

I like the general concept for UNLV, though agree the logo for the third takes too much real estate. Also on the thirds, the grey in the back number doesn't match the white of the sleeves.

Unfortunately, I think the font for the numbers/letters no the primaries is VERY difficult to read, especially the sleeves on the roads. Speaking as a play-by-play broadcaster, those characters just jump out and be distinguishable at a glance, and that's not the case. I'd have a difficult time calling a Rebels game if that font was used. Maybe it's just the grey. A few years ago the Central Texas Blackhawks used a medium dark grey for numbers and letters, and their games were nearly impossible to call.

Marc

• 1 month later...

Archived