Illinois in White!

slapshot

Illinois is wearing its white home uniforms for the Big Ten (11) Championship game vs. Wisconsin. Is this the first game they've worn the whites this season? Or did they wear white at home against Wisconsin earlier this season?

NM: Looks like they wore the whites yesterday, and earlier this season at home against Ohio State. Maybe it's white against teams wearing red only.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Syracuse, Texas, Miami (some games) and Florida A&M (I think) wear orange...it's not that unpopular.

I think Florida has also worn orange in the past.

Funny, I don't think I've seen Florida wear orange unis since they went to the current set. The only other color besides blue or white I've seen them in has been black.

Illinois has worn white more than just hte last couple days. I couldn't give you any numbers, but I know i've seen it early in the year. I also think they wore navy, which used to be the primary, once or twice early. Bruce Weber wanted to make orange the focus of the color scheme, and its something that will be continued in football as hit was started in the last few years (orange jerseys.)

I think Florida has worn black more often than orange in recent memory. Virginia also wears orange for half their road games, blue in the other half. Bowling Green, Boise State and UTEP also wear orange.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

IIRC Oklahoma State's oranges have "OKLAHOMA STATE" on them, not the OSU logo.

and also, the illini break out the blues a couple times this year, just not very often. speakin of which, i remember hearin that refs call orange teams red cus it's supposedly easier, but isn't saying orange as easy as saying red? <_<

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived