Some mlb throwbacks today

Joshawaggie

wow, I guess they really didn't pick a league wide era.

Atleast the teams playing each other match an era..I think.

Now to the uniforms: Only The Royals can pull off powder blue, not the 79? Philles. If I'm not mistaken, those are the early 80's (specifiacally 83) Orioles.

I have no clue when the Monarchs/ Cards unis are from. Somebody here surely does.  I'm liking those Monarchs unis.  Pinstripes with Piping!!

What did the Padres wear today? Commme onnnnn brown :D

I watched the Rays play the Braves today. They were wearing their current uniforms, but they are the two nicest sets in the MLB. The old Rays gear sucked, but I like these. The Rays were wearing their alt., which says RAYS, though I would have put the TB with the ray on it instead. TB and ATL's layouts are pretty similar.

I watched the

Generally speaking, teams usually have but one set of batting helmets, regardless of the special jersey event.

Though, I see the Orioles managed to bring back the old-style helmets, too.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

yea im from philly and was at the phils-o's game last night. both teams are wearing those uni's to commemorate the 20th anniversary of when the two team met in the 1983 world series. the phils even have their 100th anniversary patch (1883-1983) on the uni's that they wore that year. and yes, both teams did wear batting helmets that matched those particular unis. very well job done by both organizations to somewhat recreate the look.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

St Louis and Kansas City were wearing replicas of Negro League uniforms from their respective cities in a tribute to Negro League baseball.

For both the Cardinals and Orioles, this is the second different throwback they have worn this season, as when they met in interleague play earlier this month, they wore throwbacks from 1945.

This is the second time the Phillies have gone retro, as they also wore the home version from 1970 their opening home series of the season.  Their opponents, the Pirates, decided to wear yellow from neck to ankle, and even resurrected the pillbox hats of the 1970s.

So while it wasn't a league-wide throwback day today, we at least know which teams don't mind giving a nod to history.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

The Royals usually wear Monarch "throwback" uniforms or hats couple of times a year.  St. Louis was wearing the St. Louis Stars unis and KC was in it's Monarchs unis from the Negro League.  By the way, Stars won 13-6 over the Royals, I mean Monarchs today.  

STLFAN will be happy as the Redbirds took 2 of 3 in KC this weekend. :(

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Ah! Another chance for me to remind everyone just how :censored:ed up MLB was before 1947!! And how welcome, if a bit after the horse is bolted it is of the MLB to recognice the Negro Leagues now.

Babe Ruth, as great a player as he was, was never tested in Major League play against all of the best players of his era. Negro League teams did play every now and again in friendlies/ warm ups against all white MLB teams, and by all accounts at least held there own!

Both Jackie Robinson and Larry Doby (the first two black MLB players) won the World Series in there first full seasons.

I could write more, but I'll leave it to you all to visit

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/history/...gro_leagues.jsp

to find out more for yourselves!

And Rest in Peace Larry Doby, who died last week!

(And sorry to any Americans who were aware of all of that!!!!!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The Royals usually wear Monarch "throwback" uniforms or hats couple of times a year. St. Louis was wearing the St. Louis Stars unis and KC was in it's Monarchs unis from the Negro League. By the way, Stars won 13-6 over the Royals, I mean Monarchs today.

STLFAN will be happy as the Redbirds took 2 of 3 in KC this weekend. :(

STLFAN's not the only one.  Although I would have liked for the Redbirds to have done better than a draw in this year's I-70 series.  Maybe we'll have a chance to break the tie in October (yeah, I wish).

Was Buck O'Neill at the game yesterday?  That man is a national treasure.

i have a couple royals cards with a more colorful monarchs throwback worn, from around 95 or 96.  i kind of prefer those ones to these but the monarchs had interesting looks, to say the least.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...

TEAMS THAT HAVE TBTC UNIS AS FAR AS I HAVE SEEN

Kansas City Royals: KC Monarhcs

Oakland Athletics: 1970s yellow; PHI Athletics

Pittsburgh Pirates: 1970s yellow; 1900-1909 big collar

Milwaukee Brewers: 1980s MB glove

Chicago White Sox: 1917 kooky Sox

Baltimore Orioles: 1970s cartoon bird; STL Browns

Atlanta Braves: 1970s feather sleeve

St. Louis Cardinals: STL Stars; 1940s older bird-on-bat