NBA Playoff Status

Gary

Here is how the NBA looks right now with everyone trying to get a Playoff Spot. So far 6 out of 16 has clinched a playoff spot, 2 teams the Miami Heat and Phoenix Suns have clinched their respective Divisions. But so far the Heat has clinched home court advantage and will be the number 1 seed in the Eastern Conference. Here are the standings in each Conference

Key

z- Home Court Advantage

y- Division Champion

x- Clinched Playoff Berth

w- Leading Division, but no playoff berth as of yet

Eastern Conference

1. z-Miami Heat

Record: 55-19 Division: Southeast Games Back: --

2. x-Detroit Pistons

Record: 46-27 Division: Central Games Back: 8.5

3. w-Boston Celtics

Record: 39-34 Division: Atlantic Games Back: 15.5

4. Chicago Bulls

Record: 41-31 Division: Central Games Back: 13

5. Washington Wizards

Record: 41-31 Division: Southeast Games Back: 13

6. Indiana Pacers

Record: 38-34 Division: Central Games Back: 16

7. Cleveland Cavaliers

Record: 38-34 Division: Central Games Back: 16

8. Philadelphia 76ERS

Record: 36-37 Division: Atlantic Games Back: 18.5

-------------------------------------------

9. Orlando Magic

Record: 35-38 Division: Southeast Games Back: 19.5

10. New Jersey Nets

Record: 35-39 Division: Atlantic Games Back: 20

11. Toronto Raptors

Record: 30-43 Division: Atlantic Games Back: 24.5

12. New York Knicks

Record: 29-43 Division: Atlantic Games Back: 25

13. Milwaukee Bucks

Record: 28-45 Division: Central Games Back: 26.5

14. Charlotte Bobcats

Record: 15-57 Division: Southeast Games Back: 39

15. Atlanta Hawks

Record: 11-62 Division: Southeast Games Back: 43.5

Western Conference

1. Phoenix Suns(Overall Record Leader in the NBA)

Record: 56-17 Division: Pacific Games Back: --

2. San Antonio Spurs

Record: 54-19 Division: Southwest Games Back: 2

3. Seattle Supersonics

Record: 50-23 Division: Northwest Games Back: 6

4. Dallas Mavericks

Record: 49-24 Division: Southwest Games Back: 7

5. Sacramento Kings

Record: 45-30 Division: Pacific Games Back: 12

6. Houston Rockets

Record: 44-30 Division: Southwest Games Back: 12.5

7. Denver Nuggets

Record: 41-31 Division: Northwest Games Back: 14.5

8. Memphis Grizzlies

Record: 41-31 Division: Southwest Games Back: 14.5

------------------------------------------------------------------

9. Minnesota Timberwolves

Record: 39-35 Division: Northwest Games Back: 17.5

10. Los Angeles Lakers

Record: 33-40 Division: Pacific Games Back: 23

11. Los Angeles Clippers

Record: 33-41 Division: Pacific Games Back: 23.5

12. Golden State Warriors

Record: 28-45 Division: Pacific Games Back: 28

13. Portland Trailblazers

Record: 24-48 Division: Northwest Games Back: 31.5

14. Utah Jazz

Record: 22-50 Division: Northwest Games Back: 33.5

15. New Orleans Hornets

Record: 17-55 Division: Southwest Games Back: 38.5

This will be updated Daily until the start of the playoffs

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 left in the east, 9 in the west. I say the west stays as is, and the magic sneak back in over philly

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Huge game Tuesday Night between the Denver Nuggets and Memphis Grizzlies in Memphis -- this is one of two remaining games between the two teams. Winner will be a game up for the #7 spot, and add to their lead over the T-Pups.

IUe6Hvh.png

the magic and cavs are fading fast and i expect the nets to slip into one of the last two spots and if they play right, the knicks can get in there as well.

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Huge game Tuesday Night between the Denver Nuggets and Memphis Grizzlies in Memphis -- this is one of two remaining games between the two teams. Winner will be a game up for the #7 spot, and add to their lead over the T-Pups.

I'm rooting for the team with the recently updated blue and gold uniforms.

15.  Atlanta Hawks

Record:  11-62  Division:  Southeast  Games Back:  43.5

43.5 back!!! #1 Lottery pick here we come :lol:

there's always the Hornets. I'd call it the Bogut sweepstakes :D. Not sure how to spell his name though

15.  Atlanta Hawks

there's always the Hornets. I'd call it the Bogut sweepstakes :D. Not sure how to spell his name though

No way in hell they catch us. But then again, if they don't beat us in the standings, the lottery draft will. We've had the worst record multiple times, and it's like we're the Red Sox of the lottery, we can never get the #1 :cursing:

15.  Atlanta Hawks

No way in hell they catch us. But then again, if they don't beat us in the standings, the lottery draft will. We've had the worst record multiple times, and it's like we're the Red Sox of the lottery, we can never get the #1 :cursing:

hey theres always the second pick :P

I just got an idea. The NBA should have like an NIT-type thing for the number one draft pick. The four worst teams play in a NCAA-style knockout tournament and the winner gets the #1 pick. But Atlanta fans would probably be the only ones to support this because we've gotten shafted multiple times by the lottery, and anything other than the lottery would sound good to us 7 Hawk fans :P

15.  Atlanta Hawks

That's alright, I wouldn't want Bogut on my team... I couldn't cheer for a guy who looks like Ashley Simpson. What you need is a phenom to come out of Atlanta so the NBA will rig the draft so you get the first pick so you can take him.

IUe6Hvh.png

15.  Atlanta Hawks

That's alright, I wouldn't want Bogut on my team... I couldn't cheer for a guy who looks like Ashley Simpson. What you need is a phenom to come out of Atlanta so the NBA will rig the draft so you get the first pick so you can take him.

We tried like hell for Dwight Howard. Didn't work. We might get it with Josh Smith, as soon as he learns that you also have to shoot and play defense against people in addition to dunking and blocking shots <_<

Well, the Nuggets beat the Grizzlies. The refs were horrible -- giving a huge advantage to the Grizzlies through 3 quarters... and then suddenly in the 4th, they basically balanced things out as it seemed the Nuggets couldn't get called for a foul no matter what they did.

That puts them a game up, and guarenteed to have the tie breaker, even though there's one more game between the two, for 7th place. With a Houston loss tonight, the Nuggets pull within one game against them, with one more game still to be played between the two. That would be for the 6th spot.

I'll add that the Rockets are currently losing by 12 to Golden State. :D

Who, upon signing George Karl when they were, like, 8 or 9 games under .500, would've thought the Nuggets would even be competing for a playoff spot, this year? Let alone, be in position to get the #6 spot? (Besides me, of course)

IUe6Hvh.png

Well, the Nuggets beat the Grizzlies. The refs were horrible -- giving a huge advantage to the Grizzlies through 3 quarters... and then suddenly in the 4th, they basically balanced things out as it seemed the Nuggets couldn't get called for a foul no matter what they did.

That puts them a game up, and guarenteed to have the tie breaker, even though there's one more game between the two, for 7th place. With a Houston loss tonight, the Nuggets pull within one game against them, with one more game still to be played between the two. That would be for the 6th spot.

I'll add that the Rockets are currently losing by 12 to Golden State. :D

Who, upon signing George Karl when they were, like, 8 or 9 games under .500, would've thought the Nuggets would even be competing for a playoff spot, this year? Let alone, be in position to get the #6 spot? (Besides me, of course)

Well the Lakers are getting their asses handed to them so you can thank the Suns when they officially eliminate Kobe and the Fakers

Archived