2005 NFL Draft

bosox

:shocked: Wow....................................................... No Chang or White. Chang got screwed. :mad: And i wonder how many Hiesman Trophy winners who have declared for the draft were never picked up. Its truely a shock that someone would take a chance on that wreck of Maurice clarrett and not White or Chang, like i said, Shocking.

Doesnt Jason White have durability issues? and its bad that someone didnt take Chang

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archersย - MLF

ย 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:shocked: Wow....................................................... No Chang or White. Chang got screwed. :mad: And i wonder how many Hiesman Trophy winners who have declared for the draft were never picked up. Its truely a shock that someone would take a chance on that wreck of Maurice clarrett and not White or Chang, like i said, Shocking.

Doesnt Jason White have durability issues? and its bad that someone didnt take Chang

True. I wanna say White shredded both his knees in college, thats why he was at OU since like 1986.

As for Chang, he'll for sure get a tryout or two in the NFL somewhere.

6uXNWAo.png

Every team in the NFC North took a step forward except the bears.

Who would you rather have if you had to pick?

Mike Williams WR

Moose Muhammad WR

Thomas Jones RB

Anthony Thomas RB

or

Moose Muhammad WR

Mark Bradley WR

Cedric Benson RB

Thomas Jones RB

I like Benson and at least its not a bad pick. But come on, we need some recievers. Same goes for the Mark Bradly pick in the 2nd and the Horton Pick in the 4th round. Not a bad picks, but we have 16 QB's on roster, I don't think another one is needed. Medical School for Craig Krenzel started today. And Moose isn't a sure thing. he's 32, and has had one really good year. The rest, although better than any bears wide outs, were not worth 30 some million.

If I was the bears, would have drafted Mike Williams in the first round, JJ Arrington in the second, then drafted someone else in the 4th, like Dan Brunning Guard from Wisconsin (next pick) and finished up by signing tommy Chang to a free agent contract. I'd be 100 times happier with that draft. OR, draft another need in the second and resign A-Train. (Kevin Burrnett would make a nice LB in the bears system, which we need a will LB) The way they dealt with him was just crap. He did nothing but produce, they sign unproven Thomas Jones (who did decent until he got hurt) and A-Train doesn't complain. In fact, he again produces once Jones goes down. But what do they do, draft another RB. Stupid.

The bears need help now. The only guy there in my plan that wouldn't figure into the top 3 spots would be Chang, and that's just because there are 16 other QBs on the roster. In fact, Chang would probably be the third string QB cause the signing of Kitner was just stupid. By drafting 2 wideouts, that means they'll probably release 2 of their others (a duo of Barrian, Gage, and Wade) who never got a chance to show what they could do. Just a stupid draft.

I'm about to be a Lions or a Colts Fan. At least they have some kind of plan for the future.

Mike Williams WR

Moose Muhammad WR

Thomas Jones RB

Anthony Thomas RB

or

Moose Muhammad WR

Mark Bradley WR

Cedric Benson RB

Thomas Jones RB

I like Benson and at least its not a bad pick. But come on, we need some recievers. Same goes for the Mark Bradly pick in the 2nd and the Horton Pick in the 4th round. Not a bad picks, but we have 16 QB's on roster, I don't think another one is needed. Medical School for Craig Krenzel started today. And Moose isn't a sure thing. he's 32, and has had one really good year. The rest, although better than any bears wide outs, were not worth 30 some million.

If I was the bears, would have drafted Mike Williams in the first round, JJ Arrington in the second, then drafted someone else in the 4th, like Dan Brunning Guard from Wisconsin (next pick) and finished up by signing tommy Chang to a free agent contract. I'd be 100 times happier with that draft. OR, draft another need in the second and resign A-Train. (Kevin Burrnett would make a nice LB in the bears system, which we need a will LB) The way they dealt with him was just crap. He did nothing but produce, they sign unproven Thomas Jones (who did decent until he got hurt) and A-Train doesn't complain. In fact, he again produces once Jones goes down. But what do they do, draft another RB. Stupid.

The bears need help now. The only guy there in my plan that wouldn't figure into the top 3 spots would be Chang, and that's just because there are 16 other QBs on the roster. In fact, Chang would probably be the third string QB cause the signing of Kitner was just stupid. By drafting 2 wideouts, that means they'll probably release 2 of their others (a duo of Barrian, Gage, and Wade) who never got a chance to show what they could do. Just a stupid draft.

I'm about to be a Lions or a Colts Fan. At least they have some kind of plan for the future.

Why don't the Bears just re-hire Ditka? :P

6uXNWAo.png

Mike Williams WR

Moose Muhammad WR

Thomas Jones RB

Anthony Thomas RB

or

Moose Muhammad WR

Mark Bradley WR

Cedric Benson RB

Thomas Jones RB

I like Benson and at least its not a bad pick.ย  But come on, we need some recievers.ย  Same goes for the Mark Bradly pick in the 2nd and the Horton Pick in the 4th round.ย  Not a bad picks, but we have 16 QB's on roster, I don't think another one is needed.ย  Medical School for Craig Krenzel started today.ย  And Moose isn't a sure thing.ย  he's 32, and has had one really good year.ย  The rest, although better than any bears wide outs, were not worth 30 some million.

If I was the bears, would have drafted Mike Williams in the first round, JJ Arrington in the second, then drafted someone else in the 4th, like Dan Brunning Guard from Wisconsin (next pick) and finished up by signing tommy Chang to a free agent contract.ย  I'd be 100 times happier with that draft.ย  OR, draft another needย  in the second and resign A-Train.ย  (Kevin Burrnett would make a nice LB in the bears system, which we need a will LB)ย  The way they dealt with him was just crap.ย  He did nothing but produce, they sign unproven Thomas Jones (who did decent until he got hurt) and A-Train doesn't complain.ย  In fact, he again produces once Jones goes down.ย  But what do they do, draft another RB.ย  Stupid.

The bears need help now.ย  The only guy there in my plan that wouldn't figure into the top 3 spots would be Chang, and that's just because there are 16 other QBs on the roster.ย  In fact, Chang would probably be the third string QB cause the signing of Kitner was just stupid.ย  By drafting 2 wideouts, that means they'll probably release 2 of their others (a duo of Barrian, Gage, and Wade) who never got a chance to show what they could do.ย  Just a stupid draft.

I'm about to be a Lions or a Colts Fan.ย  At least they have some kind of plan for the future.

Why don't the Bears just re-hire Ditka? :P

Coach isn't really the problem, nor has it been. Juron was a fine coach and its evident as he did an excellent job with the Lions last year. I love lovie. He's a good coach that says all the right things.

However, above and below the head coach is where the problems lie. The GM and mainly the owners are what's holding the them back. Angelo's been good, he did create the TB teams of the late 90s early 00s, but he's failing with the bears.

Now, QB is the problem. Everything right now is on the sholders of Rex Grossman. If he turns into what they say he is, we'll be fine. If he gets hurt again, instead of the IR I hope they release him and start the Kyle Horton Era right away. Then lose the rest of the season so we get Matt Lienert.

Bah, Bears.

Chiefs taking Derrick Johnson, that I LOVE!

Chiefs spending a 3rd Round pick on a Punter? WTF?

Oh and now we have some guy named CRAPhonso! Yeah like that one isn't gonna be beat to death!

yeah...the Cheifs follow the packers model of drafting punters WAY too early.

Chiefs taking Derrick Johnson, that I LOVE!

Chiefs spending a 3rd Round pick on a Punter? WTF?

Oh and now we have some guy named CRAPhonso! Yeah like that one isn't gonna be beat to death!

Well the Jets took a kicker in the second round I believe ..... and that's only because they had to. :D

EDIT: I just read Peter King's article at SI.com. Even he got a kick out the name Craphonso :lol:

I saw, I came, I left.

I k now they play a major role on a football team.

I only question taking them so early in the draft when so many fail. A kicker's shelf life other than the greats like vinitari and mortensen is probably just as short as a RB's.

To me, you can survive with a questionable kicking game. But there are more areas that are invaluable to a team.

To me, you can survive with a questionable kicking game. But there are more areas that are invaluable to a team.

... and you can win with a good kicking game.

A team can "survive" with a bad quaterback, a deficient running or passing game, or a shoddy defense. It doesn't mean they're going to win with it.

A good special teams unit can prove to be invaluable in close games. Can an offense or defense recover from terrible field position? Yeah, sometimes... but the less often they have to, the better. Special teams are a huge part of that, and something that I feel is overlooked.

To me, you can survive with a questionable kicking game.ย  But there are more areas that are invaluable to a team.

... and you can win with a good kicking game.

A team can "survive" with a bad quaterback, a deficient running or passing game, or a shoddy defense. It doesn't mean they're going to win with it.

A good special teams unit can prove to be invaluable in close games. Can an offense or defense recover from terrible field position? Yeah, sometimes... but the less often they have to, the better. Special teams are a huge part of that, and something that I feel is overlooked.

I know special teams are very valuable and all. I'm not disagreeing with you what so ever. I just personally feel the good punters and kickers can be found in the later rounds, and that those early picks are more valueble to non-special teams players.

That's just my opinion. Guys making more money than I ever will disagree with me and draft punters in the third round. There's a slim chance I could be wrong. :D

Difference between The Chefs taking a Punter, and the Pack, were that Green Bay traded up for the punter :blink:

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Archived