New York Yankees Concept

MonkeyWrench32

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Yankees ever did that there would be riots. Again it is one of there biggest traditions. And it's not like you can read the names from the stands.

Losing in the post-season is becoming a new tradition in New York and we havn't seen riots beacause of that yet.

6uXNWAo.png

What good do the names do?

So Sox fans know exactly what player they're throwing batteries and golf balls at.

When i think of "Yankee Mistique", John Flaherty doesn't really jump to mind.

6uXNWAo.png

What good do the names do?

So Sox fans know exactly what player they're throwing batteries and golf balls at.

When i think of the Yankee Mistique, John Flaherty doesn't really jump to mind.

Doesn't matter who it is....as long as they got the pinstrips on.

Except Giambi. And Tino. And Bernie. And when Olerud was with the team.

Then why aren't they wearing these?

al_1927_newyork.gif

What? They changed? Uh-oh, they aren't traditional! :rolleyes:

Anyone think they should drop the numbers, too? ^_^

Because the time of the change matter. When they changed to the current unis in 1936, there wasn't much of a tradition. At that point they had only been the Yankees for about 20 years. At that time they had only won 4 championships. Right after they changed they won 4 World Series in an a row and over the next 28 years they were in the World Series 22 times, winning it 16 times. The uniforms and not having names became a tradition during that time. That's how traditions come about and begin.

When looking at what is traditional or not you have to look at why it has become traditional. With the Yankees case it's because they were very successful in those uniforms and you don't mess with success.

The Yankees truly do suck. The modern team only wins because its precious mega-media contracts funnel millions of dollars at them. I say slap names on them, and pick a "NY" logo already. I hate that inconsistency. Same can be said for the Tigers.

VmWIn6B.png

The Yankees truly do suck. The modern team only wins because its precious mega-media contracts funnel millions of dollars at them. I say slap names on them, and pick a "NY" logo already. I hate that inconsistency. Same can be said for the Tigers.

Cough: You an Angels Fan, Moreno is an owner that spends too Cough:

But the Yankees have alway won because they spent money. The difference because of the reserve claus there was no free agency, but there was no draft either. The Yankees would always pay the most to top prospects. After they were signed there contract would be cut. But you could say that outspending all the other teams is a Yankee Tradition too.

There uniforms are fine. A name on the isn't necessary because you can't even read them from the stands, the number is still used for identifying a player.

As much as I hate the Bronx Bumblers, I respect the simplicity of their uniforms. I say leave the names off. And I would go back to the plain grey road uniform. No piping, no outline on the lettering. No logos other than the commemorative or memorial ones the Yankees often use. As far as the numeral font, go back to the pro-style plain block they used in the '50s and '60s. As I said before, I still would hate them, but at least they would look like the REAL Yankees.

yankees-red sux, whats the difference. over paid men on steroids in pajamas throwing a ball around and going home.

i personally can't jump on the irrational hate-yankees-red sux bandwagon. i have no emotional connection to either team.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

yankees-red sux, whats the difference. over paid men on steroids in pajamas throwing a ball around and going home.

i personally can't jump on the irrational hate-yankees-red sux bandwagon. i have no emotional connection to either team.

At least comment on the uniform. :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention this earlier:

They usually don't have a patch on their road uniforms, right? I like that addition, and I also like the addition of the Majestic logo to the uniform sleeve. If all the other teams have it, why don't they? (That's for that logo of course...not the names)

Forgot to mention this earlier:

They usually don't have a patch on their road uniforms, right? I like that addition, and I also like the addition of the Majestic logo to the uniform sleeve. If all the other teams have it, why don't they? (That's for that logo of course...not the names)

No they don't (unless they are wearing a specialty patch). Also, he simplfied the stripeing on the raod. On the road jersey sleeves the yankees have a blue-white-blue stripes and not stripe on the pants.

The Yankees uniforms are nothing special.

The fact that they have a hat NY and a shirt NY is ridiculous. I understand one is bold for the jersey and one is thin for the hat. Fair enough...but the shape isn't even the same. That's DUMB.

The road jersey is plain and has a boring script. That block NEW YORK is boring as is, but then it's actually very odd looking. Anyone ever notice the inconsistancy in the thickness of the letters? It's horrible.

I can deal with white outlines or no white outlines on the road, but if you have them on the numbers have them on the stripes and script.

Oh, and put names on the backs of your jerseys. Your not better than anyone else, and if putting names on the backs of the jerseys is gonna ruin your tradition, you might as well not have a tradition.

The Montreal Canadiens also have a huge winning tradition in their league, and they didn't seem to have any problems putting their names on the backs of their uniforms.

No, but the Toronto Maple Leafs did.

I also haven't seen the Red Sox put names on their home uniforms yet.

Archived