New York Yankees Concept

MonkeyWrench32

The Yankees will never put names on the back of the uniforms because it's not about the player, it's about the team.

If you're going to complain about the Yankees having two "NY" logos, you have to complain about the Tigers as well.

The only change the Yankees should make is to remove the sleeve striping and white outline from the road uniforms. Other than that, they are perfection indeed. Even playa hatas have to admit that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, for one, hate the Yankees, Red Sox, and all large market teams. This is required of me because I'm a Pirates fan and have been suffering through a string of losing seasons that may soon rival the team's total HR output.

That being said, I don't really have much to say about the Yankees uniforms. I think they're alright, I don't see why anyone would want to change them. I enjoy the fact that there's no name on the back of the jersey, and if they want to be a snobby, we're-better-than-you organization by refusing to modernize their uniforms or allowing their players to grow facial hair, then so be it. Doesn't affect my team.

Buccos in 2012! (you heard it here first)

Oh, and I don't agree with the lack of a player's last name on their jersey equating to mass chaos, as was implied in an earlier post.

If you were refereing to my first post, that was a joke. I was meaning that Yankees Fans for the mostpart would have a strong objection.

Oh, and I don't agree with the lack of a player's last name on their jersey equating to mass chaos, as was implied in an earlier post.

If you were refereing to my first post, that was a joke. I was meaning that Yankees Fans for the mostpart would have a strong objection.

They would, for a while, and then they'd get used to it and enjoy it -- every yankees jersey i see fans wearing has the name on the back anyways.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

only cause they are not on-field authentics.

And why is that? If the Yankees wear jerseys without names on them, why do they market replicas WITH last names on them? Their jerseys are simple enough - so why add embroidery that ultimately cheapens the jersey and makes it look less real?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

And why is that? If the Yankees wear jerseys without names on them, why do they market replicas WITH last names on them? Their jerseys are simple enough - so why add embroidery that ultimately cheapens the jersey and makes it look less real?

Like this kinda garbage?

65092.jpg

I don't know of any kind of real fan (not counting the millions of fake bandwagon Yankee fans) that should shell out $100+ for a jersey everyone knows doesn't look authentic. For god's sake, everyone and their mom knows the Yanks don't put names on their jerseys.

6uXNWAo.png

So that if A-Rod (or another player) gets traded or retires, the fan has to buy a new jersey even if another good player comes on board wearing the same number.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So that if A-Rod (or another player) gets traded or retires, the fan has to buy a new jersey even if another good player comes on board wearing the same number.

If you're gonna be that cheap about it, you should just get a generic $15 Yankees t-shirt from K-Mart.

6uXNWAo.png

If you're gonna be that cheap about it, you should just get a generic $15 Yankees t-shirt from K-Mart.

Numbered replicas are around $99.99. While that isn't absurdly expensive, I'd hardly call it "being cheap" to not want to drop a c-note every year or so. It's still not as bad as football, where guys can get cut from their contracts at any given time and you run a much greater risk of having an out-of-date shirt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Numbered replicas are around $99.99. While that isn't absurdly expensive, I'd hardly call it "being cheap" to not want to drop a c-note every year or so. It's still not as bad as football, where guys can get cut from their contracts at any given time and you run a much greater risk of having an out-of-date shirt.

So what you're saying is that if A-Rod left the Yankees and an obscure player, say Ben Davis, comes along and takes #13, people would actually believe it's NOT an old A-Rod jersey? Right.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived