Nhl football x-over project

IronChefShark

after a somewhat lenghty cooling off period, Ive decided to start this project....again.....hopefully for the last time

actually Ive allready completed the project, but Im gonna unveil concepts in intrevals rather then all in one shot. Mainly to keep interest going

COPY AND PASTE ALL SHORTCUTS!

Atlanta Thrashers

Boston Bruins

Buffalo Sabres

Calgary Flames

Carolina Hurricanes

Chicago Blackhawks

Colorado Avalanche

Columbus Blue Jackets

Detroit Red Wings

Edmonton Oilers

Florida Panthers

Minnesota Wild

Montreal Canadiens

Nashville Predators

New Jersey Devils

New York Islanders

New York Rangers

Ottawa Senators

Philadelphia Flyers

Phoenix Coyotes

Pittsburgh Penguins

San Jose Sharks

St. Louis Blues

Tampa Bay Lightning

Toronto Maple Leafs

Vancouver Canucks

Washington Capitals

ok, I expect this thread to go smoothly this time. Ive sent out an email to some of you regarding this and if there is even the slightest bit of trouble, I will yank the concepts without warning. There will be no baiting or inflaming remarks being made at me personally by ANYBODY, otherwise I will yank them. I want this thread to run smoothly, and that requires efforts on EVERYONE'S behalf

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the first three concepts most of you have allready seen:

sharks: inspired by the XFL's Demons. I know nike gussets are something not everyone like but I felt it would obviously work for this one. I went with a teal helmet because I wanted the logo to stand out on it, and it wouldnt have done so on a black helmet. I chose silver pants that way either jersey could be used with the one set of pants. (I have this thing about football uniforms in which the helmet, dark jersey, and pants are all each a different color)

red wings: simple design is best for this team. the logo would probably stand out better on a white helmet but then it would be too blah.

bruins: another simple design. the spoked B logo makes a great football helmet logo, and of course black and yellow are great colors to work with on a football concept

the remainder of the original six:

blackhawks: if it looks somewhat like the bears, of course thats intended!  :) Not an extremely creative design but it translates well. all the original six are pretty simple looking and not really what you would call "extremely creative" but thats the design that works best for these teams

canadiens: I thought about UCLA stripes but then it would just look like a patriots throwback with an edited habs logo slapped on it, not much thought would have gone into that. I know a lot of you dont care for shoulder panels on football jerseys but I did it for the white jersey simply because without them, it looked too much like the old bills white jersey

rangers: again, simple design. pretty much looks like a short sleeved hockey jersey (which for the most part is what I tried to avoid making, but a lot of the concepts turned out like that)

maple leafs: I went with a white helmet here. simple three line striping on the jersey. I left the TML logo out because it wasnt necessary, and using it would have looked forced

Nice work.  The Sharks are my favorite.  The only thing that bothers me is the white triangle.  Just looks wierd to me.  The arms on the Sharks are really nice.

I noticed you put the NHL shield where the NFL shield usually is on the collar.  Smooth, classy little detail.

I agree, excellent work. IMO for the Blackhawks black pants would have worked better, and the Canadiens could have had blue pants. Also the Leafs helmet could have been blue (although that would have caused probs with the blue logo!) However, designers prerogative and you've done a good job Shark!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

just posted three more concepts:

flyers: once again, shoulder panel warning! primary color is black because that is what the flyers really use. had they still had the orange dark jerseys I would have made it predominately orange.

penguins: I thought about going with vegas gold helmet and pants then decided against it. no cartoon penguin here, so I used the hummingbird. I didnt feel like editing the cartoon penguin thats why, maybe I will try it some other time. I did use UCLA style stripes colored in the same manner as the penguins hockey jerseys

blues: "the note on the helmet is...." I KNOW! I KNOW!! I did try to reverse the note and seriously, it looked....wierd. would have made more sense but still it looked wierd. I used the UCLA striping here because it caused it to look a little bit (but not completely) like the rams.

and the next set of four:

avalanche: again, UCLA stripes (I really didnt want to use them on this one, but I was running out of ideas) I gave them only one set of white pants simply because burgundy pants wouldnt have worked and black pants would have been even worse. besides, a team named the "Avalanche" should have an all white look when wearing the white jersey

wild: Yes, UCLA stripes again. mainly because I felt it would be reminiscent of the vikings uniforms. the logo translates well to a football helmet

devils: I wanted this one to be simple yet evil looking! black helmet and pants with single red stripe goes with a red jersey and white jersey. the stripes on the shoulders are supposed to be similar to those the patriots currently use.

islanders: striping scheme is based on current redskins uniforms because I felt it would work best with this team. I didnt realize until it was complete that the numbers were only two-layered as opposed to the team really using three-layered numbers. I felt it looked better the way I have it now so I didnt bother "fixing" it.

and the next set of four:

avalanche: again, UCLA stripes (I really didnt want to use them on this one, but I was running out of ideas) I gave them only one set of white pants simply because burgundy pants wouldnt have worked and black pants would have been even worse. besides, a team named the "Avalanche" should have an all white look when wearing the white jersey

wild: Yes, UCLA stripes again. mainly because I felt it would be reminiscent of the vikings uniforms. the logo translates well to a football helmet

devils: I wanted this one to be simple yet evil looking! black helmet and pants with single red stripe goes with a red jersey and white jersey. the stripes on the shoulders are supposed to be similar to those the patriots currently use.

islanders: striping scheme is based on current redskins uniforms because I felt it would work best with this team. I didnt realize until it was complete that the numbers were only two-layered as opposed to the team really using three-layered numbers. I felt it looked better the way I have it now so I didnt bother "fixing" it.

Shark, this batch right here is the best I've seen so far. The Wild jersey is my current favorite. I think its the numbers that do it for me. Solid, solid jersey.

NASCAR. Done. |

nextel_cup_logo.JPG

The Avs is my personal favourite so far! I always think the black kinda spoils the claret and blue thing, which at least in British sport is a bit of a classic look (the colours of old traditional soccer teams like West Ham, Aston Villa and Burnley).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I see those subtle logo edits you've done, and I think they're great. Guess the skating penguin would've been a little tough? Great work overall, my fave is the Avs, but that's a bit of a biased pick (although it definitely is one of the best).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

three more:

sabres: this one came out looking very arena-leaguish! I went with silver helmets and pants here, and the striping on them comes to a point. I used shoulder striping similar to what I used for the devils to give that sword effect that the hockey jerseys have

senators: red and white jerseys are DIFFERENT! I made the UCLA striping on the red jersey wider then normal to capture that swoosh feel of the red hockey jersey. I went with gold helmets and pants for this one, and the set with the red jersey may remind a lot of the ottawa rough riders in thier last few seasons

capitals: I stuck with black as the dominant color here. I admit the eagle on the helmet could be a bit more visible. I reversed the copper and white on the black jersey numbers for the sake of visibility. striping pattern is similar to the redskins throwbacks they wore last season

Out of respect for SHB's wishes, a certain board regular is not going to be posting here. However, we were recently discussing these excellent x-overs, when he made a most pertinent observation that I feel must be stated: "The reason the Blues' note looks weird backwards is that the flags on musical notes only go to the right, never to the left.  That's why reversing it so that the flags are on the left side of the logo looks so odd."

I hope this doesn't offend you SHB... I had been trying to put my finger on what looked wrong with the backwards blue note, and I think this regular found it.

...and I respond to the newly posted x-overs...

Buffalo's logos sure translate well over to football... the primary works well as a helmet logo, and the B secondary mark looks good on the sleeve.

Ottawa's primary mark, although it faces the side, is a little more complex than the average football helmet logo, but that's not your fault. I see you crossed their home and away uniforms over. I like their third more than the other unis, but you did an excellent job with what you had.

Washington... I see you didn't use the building logo... no tears shed here! Great job again.

Again, I hope this post finds favour in your eyes SHB. You are doing a wonderful job again!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I'm out of the loop on what we aren't supposed to say on this thread.

Luckily, all I do have to say is very very cool.  I never bother with X-over stuff myself but I am really shocked at both how well Shark did in creating these and how well the NHL logos and color schemes hold up.

I wish I could upload logos in Madden, I would just recreate and play with the NHL instead........and the Pack of course.

Yeah, there are some picky little things, but those are just preference issues.  Splendid Mr. SHB.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

the western canada update

flames: the primary color is black because for now that is what the flames really wear. Its patterned loosely after the new seahawks uniforms. once the new red jersey is unveiled as thier primary home uniform I will make a new concept with red being the primary color

oilers: I went with a white helmet and a simple striping scheme because I wanted it to resemble the old NFL team in houston that went by the same nickname. you cant see it very well but the oil rigger guy is supposed to be "handing off" a football

canucks: very simple design with trim basically only on the cuffs and on the collar of the jerseys. nothing extremely creative but I felt it translated well. I chose silver helmet and pants because I felt that look combined with the very dark navy blue jersey would bear a loose resemblance to the BC Lions

All very nice. The Flames' are especially cool.

you cant see it very well but the oil rigger guy is supposed to be "handing off" a football
LOL, handing off a football, that's amazing! I like that logo more than the McFarlane logo, and that logo xover made me laugh (in a good way)!
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I thought the Flames looked really good, red balck and yellow is a very easy color combi to work with, but you did an outstanding job. Oilers and Canucks were both good as well! Excellent work SHB.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived