Ted Nolan back in hockey

officeglenn

Nolan deserved better than the NHL gave him---

His failure to accept the offer the Sabres gave him because he wanted more money because of his 1 good season.

The contract offer was a typical NHL offer. Most recently, Darryl Sutter accepted an exact same contract from the Flames after their cup run last season.

Not accepting a contract gets him blackballed for life? Ridiculous. Year after year it has amazed me that no team brought this guy back. He did a great job with what was really a not very talented Buffalo team. The Rangers should have hired him instead of Trottier, for example.

If he slept with Hasek's wife, which seems doubtful, I could understand a team's reluctance to hire him, thought.

This guy obviously has a skeleton hidden in his closet and no team wants him associated with them in fears it is uncovered. I live in the Buffalo Area and I don't believe the Nolan slept with Hasek's wife rumors, but I do believe there is something else we do not know. (Drug problem, Legal Problems, etc...)

In a league that gave Theo Fleury many chances and still embraces a person who caused the death of a teammate through his own negligence (Heatley) for Nolan not to get another kick at the can indicates this guy is untouchable in NHL circles.

The Sabres have fared pretty well with Ruff at the helm since the Nolan debacle, especially when you consider the team was owned by a bunch of crooks who paid no attention to giving the Sabres the tools to get better and were more concerned about screwing over the WNY area so they could embezzle as much money as fast as they can. Since the team made it's run to the finals just two years after Nolan left it really punctured the whole "What a great job Nolan did" sentiment when the Sabres won a division with him at the helm, heck I could have coached the Sabres with Hasek in net.

Not accepting a contract gets him blackballed for life? Ridiculous. Year after year it has amazed me that no team brought this guy back. He did a great job with what was really a not very talented Buffalo team. The Rangers should have hired him instead of Trottier, for example.

Exactly...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Don't worry Sabre fans, Golisano is no crook.

In fact, he's one of the biggest philanthrapists I've ever heard about.

I was shappy to see his buy the team a few years agi. The again, the guy is my neighbor (we live in the same small town).

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

This guy obviously has a skeleton hidden in his closet and no team wants him associated with them in fears it is uncovered. I live in the Buffalo Area and I don't believe the Nolan slept with Hasek's wife rumors, but I do believe there is something else we do not know. (Drug problem, Legal Problems, etc...)

I would think that something as serious as a legal (criminal) or drug problem would make him exactly the kind of coach a major junior team would not want on board.

I'm thinking that perhaps this has something to do with his ability to handle the pressure of being a big-time NHL coach, especially when he had an exceptionally good team and failed pretty badly in the postseason. I suppose it's possible that he had some kind of meltdown and that word of this was passed quietly among league executives. At the major junior level perhaps there isn't the kind of pressure there that would cause him that kind of stress.

Then again, it's always possible that every NHL team that had a chance to hire him simply preferred to go another route, either with someone more famiiar to them or someone that they preferred to promote from within. These things do happen.

It could be that everybody just decided to go another route.

For instance, Hal Lanier was Manager of the Year for the National League when he was with the Astros in '86. He's spent the last 9 years helping make the Winnipeg Goldeyes one of the Northern League's flagship franchises.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived