Denver Nuggets

LEWJ

That looks great.

I remember on their website one time, they had a poll question about if they had an alternate, what color should it be, and the choices were Yellow, Gray, or Black, or something like that. Which is really stupid considering gray or black aren't even in their scheme. But I like how the yellow looks.

IUe6Hvh.png

To be perfectly honest, i'm really beginning to dislike alt jerseys that are nothing but recolored versions of the originals. And that goes for all sports.

I loved what the Mavs did with the green alts this year. And the PHX the Suns wear -- while not entirely straying from the original design -- at least offered some variation.

It's all boring. And the NFL-- with its black Ravens, lions, eagles jerseys -- is the biggest culprit.

To be perfectly honest, i'm really beginning to dislike alt jerseys that are nothing but recolored versions of the originals. And that goes for all sports.

I loved what the Mavs did with the green alts this year. And the PHX the Suns wear -- while not entirely straying from the original design -- at least offered some variation.

It's all boring. And the NFL-- with its black Ravens, lions, eagles jerseys -- is the biggest culprit.

i agree.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Completely agree. The NHL (remember that?) was the first to start using alternate jerseys on a regular basis in the mid 90s.

The ones that were original and different from the regular getup (Rangers Statue of Liberty head, Bruins yellow w/bear head) I always liked a lot. In fact, I hate the Rangers, but that alternate is one of my favorites of all time.

And then there were some who just did what you're saying - only change the color of the original. The Blackhawks, Flyers, Sharks, Panthers, etc. I always thought that was boring, ridiculous, and pointless.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

And then there were some who just did what you're saying - only change the color of the original. The Blackhawks, Flyers, Sharks, Panthers, etc.

The Blackhawks look perfect in red and white, of course, but they didn't look too bad in black either. What do you want from them, a 3-D head with an angry sneer, and feathers on the sleeves?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't think that just rearranging the colors on a current jersey makes for a boring alternate. In some cases, it ends up looking great...look at the Houston Texans red alt for example. Or the Lakers white alt.

More often than not, re-colorizing does lead to a boring alternate, but I wouldn't cast it aside on that reason alone.

In this golden Nuggets alt, it's ok, nothing more. Unless there is something more, but it's too small to see minor little differences if they exist on this version.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I don't think that just rearranging the colors on a current jersey makes for a boring alternate. In some cases, it ends up looking great...look at the Houston Texans red alt for example. Or the Lakers white alt

Chicago Blackhawks look pretty awesome in black

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived