Bay-State Buccaneers Hockey

Jay

Finally finished enough with this one to show you guys. Jersey designs and secondary logos / wordmarks are coming... though i'm especially struggling with ideas for the secondaries. Does anyone think that a parrot as a secondary would be... well... dumb? (get it, pirates have a parrot on their shoulder, hockey jerseys have the secondary logo on the shoulder, har har.) just an idea, cause i think crossed swords would are a bit overdone, but i may go that route if i don't think of anything else. i know that skulls and crossed hockey sticks are overdone as well, but that's specifically what the client wanted so i just tried to do it really well. open for critiques. thanks guys.

Oddly enough, I never even thought to try the eyepatch in red... funny how you miss the obvious stuff when you're so engaged in something. Here it is both ways, and i'm kind of torn as to which i like more.

Well if I have to pick between the two, then definitely red.

I could also see adding a small initial to the hat, like a B. (I'd suggest taking the sticks away, but upon further review of your first post, I see that your client wanted that. Bah.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

good call on the "b", i'm gonna try that... as for the hockey sticks, i really pushed for not having them... i've always thought that the logo being worn by hockey player on a hockey rink is enough of a hint that you're a hockey team... but, the people i'm doing this for weren't bending. they wanted sticks. c'est la vie.

tan-fastic great job man, i love the logo and everything except one thing kinda caught my eye, you stick blades look alike the mighty ducks ones, granted yours are better jsut something that caught my eye...oh I prefer either color eye patch, but if i had to pick id go red too.

spacer.png

THis is superb. Cannot wait to see the rest.

Oh yeah, I vote red patch.

And, you've got several greys working in your scheme that you didn't list. I'd either list them or preferably, start thinking of ways to NOT need them.

Thats the next level I think (somewhere I am nowhere near btw) that is constantly pulling stuff OUT of the design to make it simpler, more effective, and easier to produce.

Less is more.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

The RED eye patch - fantastic work. Love your concept!!! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived