Name my Fantasy Basketball Team

Gary

I am in the process of making a fantasy basketball league for entrance into a CCSLC Basketball League next season. What I want is a good name. I will be going into one of the leagues in the city of Glendale, AZ, which is a city right next to Phoenix.

The games will be played in the Glendale Arena which is also home to the NHL's Phoenix Coyotes, the NLL Western Division Champions(And soon NLL Champions) Arizona Sting, and my World Arena Fooball League Fantasy Team the Glendale Demons! This should give you some kind of idea of what the name should be. I wanted to go with the Glendale Demons, but it's been done too much. I wanted to go with the Saints, but just sounds too corny to me. What I want are some of your ideas of a team name. All Suggestions are welcome. Thank you very much

Some serious, some not-but consider them-

Chippers

Cacti

Sandmen

Sweet Onions

Canals

Thunderbirds

Commanders

Melons

and

Glendale Larry, Rodney, and Dave (okay joking on that one)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Some serious, some not-but consider them-

Chippers

Cacti

Sandmen

Sweet Onions

Glendale Larry, Rodney, and Dave (okay joking on that one)

I see you've been to Glendale ^_^ . Don't forget the Glendale Antiques :P

I've never been there myself--but I do know some people who have...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I've always thought the Phoenix Phoenix would be a sweet name for a fantasy-type team. Another nickname I'd roll with is the Arizona Tumbleweeds (T-Weeds for short).

6uXNWAo.png

Are there a lot of quails down there? There are a lot of quails up in Washington and Oregon in the dryer cities, so I'm just assuming. A quail logo would be pretty cool if executed right.

So far here are the names, that I have decided to go with

Devils

Sandstorm

Nomads

Thunderbirds

Commanders

Crows

Firestorm

Desert Fox

Edit: Commanders, Firestorm, and Desert Fox would be good Jets Logos IMO

and to JungleBook, no there aren't any quails but there are alot of peacocks and peahens, lots of roosters, and plenty of crows

i think there was a proposed ABA franchise called the Tucson, Arozona, or Phoenix Eclipse...not sure what it has to do with Glendale but it sounds cool

yeah it was the Phoenix Eclipse. But I do like the name Glendale Eclipse, but if i'm not mistaken, i'm sure there is a team in the CFA called the Arizona Eclipse so i'm not sure I should take it but i'll put it into the names

here are the names so far

Glendale Devils

Arizona Sandstorm

Glendale Nomads

Glendale Thunderbirds

Glendale Commanders

Glendale Crows

Glendale Firestorm

Arizona Desert Fox

Glendale Eclipse

Arizona Monsoon

I always thought Sidewinders would be a cool name for a team in the Southwest. You could always call them the 'Winders as a nickname. Plus, it could make for an interesting logo/color scheme.

If you wanted to go with a more Demons/Devils theme, how about the Glendale Diablos?

If you wanted to go with a more Demons/Devils theme, how about the Glendale Diablos?

Wish I could, but the mascot name for the GCC is the Gauchos

Edit: My mistake, it's the GCC Gauchos

I always thought Sidewinders would be a cool name for a team in the Southwest. You could always call them the 'Winders as a nickname. Plus, it could make for an interesting logo/color scheme.

The Tucson Sidewinders are the Arizona Diamondbacks' Triple-A affiliate in the Pacific Coast League. Not that that would stop you from using the name in a fantasy league ... I'm just sayin' is all.

Archived