NY Mets concept

Joshawaggie

I am OK with the Mets wearing the orange and black of the NY Giants along with the blue and white of the Brooklyn Dodgers to pay homage to the history of New York National League teams. But they went way overboard with the black, and now they look like everyone else trying to ca$h in on the trend toward black uniforms.

Since they can't control themselves, they should be forbidden from wearing black - and switch to something like what you've got. Nice work.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I get an 80s vibe, which I enjoy in all things other than baseball fashion. That being said, it's not a horrible offender, I just think the Mets should just keep it simple. Blue and orange. Dodger blue, Giant orange, maybe Yankee pinstripes. I can't decide whether I like the pinstripes or the piping. It's a tough call, since I generally just don't like the New York Mets.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I dont see anything wrong with black being incorporated into their unis since the Giants primary colors were, and still are, orange and black.

agreed. Besides I don't think the black looks bad anyway.

I dont see anything wrong with black being incorporated into their unis since the Giants primary colors were, and still are, orange and black.

I don't care what the Giants wore. It's superfluous. It's not even being well-executed, the black: It's an annoying, crappy-looking drop shadow. Wholly unnecessary. Blue and orange is just fine. That goes for the Knicks as well.

Thanks for the comments guys. 2 things:

Hmm, an 80's vibe from a couple of you, I want goin for that, but I guess I can kinda see it.

Black and Orange is not a bad combo, the Ginats look good. The problem with the Mets is that the black is so forced, it does not go well with Blue. It would maybe, MAYBE be tolerable if they used a HINT of black, but they drown out the Blue with it, IMHO it looks bad, same goes with the Royals.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I don't care what the Giants wore. It's superfluous. It's not even being well-executed, the black: It's an annoying, crappy-looking drop shadow. Wholly unnecessary. Blue and orange is just fine. That goes for the Knicks as well.

Well, who cares what you think? The Mets originally decided to incorporate the colors of the Dodgers and Giants, and the pinstripes of the Yankees. So Dodger blue, Giant orange and black are the colors that they chose to use to honor the legacy of NY National League baseball.

metslogo_215.gif

Well, who cares what you think? The Mets originally decided to incorporate the colors of the Dodgers and Giants, and the pinstripes of the Yankees. So Dodger blue, Giant orange and black are the colors that they chose to use to honor the legacy of NY National League baseball.

ouch man, that was harsh, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Well why don't they just make it one color each? Dodger blue, Giant orange. And as for "originally," they didn't add "Giants black" until well after the whole "add black to everything" craze.

Who cares what YOU think?

Well why don't they just make it one color each? Dodger blue, Giant orange. And as for "originally," they didn't add "Giants black" until well after the whole "add black to everything" craze.

Who cares what YOU think?

LOL, touche. But I was posting why the jersey was designed with the colors that are being used, and that is a fact, not what I think.

metslogo_215.gif

Nice jersey! I'm not a fan of the black either and the white seems to stand out a lot more on top of the blue. From a distance the orange may blend in a bit, but I don't think it would be a huge problem. Wilson is right, the black does look forced. The white though, it seems more natural to me.

I like it.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

Archived