New Orleans Sharks logos

JBPerry

Here are some logos I just finished today. The New Orleans Sharks! They play at Amtrak Arena (Fantasy arena) displayed is the main logo, the secondary logo and the court. Comments and criticisms please

Main Logon_o_sharks.png

Secondary Logon_o_sharks3.png

Court Designaacourt3.png

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

Well I like the trace of the source material - very obviously a shark, and it's in a nice pose.

Not sure I understand its being tilted to the right, nor why the text is so small. I also don't like it stopping on a straight line over the text. I think logos should look complete - either have something that symbolises the "edge" of the logo (a circle/oval for instance), or finish the shark off completely. I know source material probably limited that :P.

And it's not criticism, but why would a team from New Orleans be called the Sharks? I'll admit my U.S. Geography isn't the best, but yeah, I don't think New Orleans is coastal, is it?

I do like the colour palette though, and the pose of the shark is good. Overall, nice concept, nearly there but could use a little more work.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Looks pretty damn similar if you ask me.

TallahasseeTigerSharks2.GIF

He better not say that's an original idea by him cause it's the same damn logo

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

They both look like they're wearing lipstick.

And no, New Orleans is not coastal. It's on the Mississippi River quite a ways from the Gulf of Mexico. Lake Pontchartrain is near the city and if memory serves, it's connected to the Gulf as well but there's no significant shark activity anywhere near N.O.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

even if the primary is copied, it's not very good in my opinion - i do like the secondary, but i don't like the choice of font or the size of the font...doesn't look very "shark-like" - color selection isn't great, either - the red seems out of place with the other colors and the grey seems to be used randomly - not a bad start, but not great either

jldesigns404eo.png

That extra fin that's not in the Tiger Sharks' logo is really, well, hmm, let me just say it's not good.

If I had to guess, I'd say JBPerry is either seven years old, or a marketing director in the ABA.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That extra fin that's not in the Tiger Sharks' logo is really, well, hmm, let me just say it's not good.

If I had to guess, I'd say JBPerry is either seven years old, or a marketing director in the ABA.

:D While this may be true, I don't want to be part of discouraging our new member from posting ideas.

JB......please make sure to a) reference when you've used existing work in your concepts and B) keep at it. Practice makes perfect.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

:D While this may be true, I don't want to be part of discouraging our new member from posting ideas.

JB......please make sure to a) reference when you've used existing work in your concepts and B) keep at it. Practice makes perfect.

I know I shouldn't discourage people...but it just bothers me when they rip off a logo and don't credit the source and call it their "own". The main reason being it's illegal.

It's obvious to me that you can't fool too many people on this board.

JB, follow Sterling's advice.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

:notworthy::notworthy::grin::grin:

Yes, I admit the Sharks' logo is an edit of Tallahasse's; I haven't had time lately since last night to check the message board. (I'm in high school and I go to a magnet, so I'm busy a lot. Also, if anybody needs Adobe PageMaker, PhotoShop or Illustrator tips PM me. I'm in a Graphic Arts cluster) The Amtrak Arena idea, though is my own idea. Anyway, thanks for the comments and criticisms.

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

And no, New Orleans is not coastal.  It's on the Mississippi River quite a ways from the Gulf of Mexico.  Lake Pontchartrain is near the city and if memory serves, it's connected to the Gulf as well but there's no significant shark activity anywhere near N.O.

Sorry, don't consider this spam but I just want to prove a point. Ok, sharks aren't indigenous to New O. However, bengal tigers aren't indigenous to cincinnati now are they? And giants and dragons (ny nfl / ny afl) don't even exist. Yea, I guess for the most part logos reflect where the team is from, but not always so at least the team name would be acceptable.

As for the team itself... I just plain don't like the concept... not much appeal and really seems like it would be better suited for a college rather than the NBA... same goes for that god forsaken Bobcats logo. i was really pullin for the dragons as the new charlotte team... or at least the knights. Needless to say I'm very dissapointed with the decision

And no, New Orleans is not coastal.  It's on the Mississippi River quite a ways from the Gulf of Mexico.  Lake Pontchartrain is near the city and if memory serves, it's connected to the Gulf as well but there's no significant shark activity anywhere near N.O.

Sorry, don't consider this spam but I just want to prove a point. Ok, sharks aren't indigenous to New O. However, bengal tigers aren't indigenous to cincinnati now are they? And giants and dragons (ny nfl / ny afl) don't even exist. Yea, I guess for the most part logos reflect where the team is from, but not always so at least the team name would be acceptable.

As for the team itself... I just plain don't like the concept... not much appeal and really seems like it would be better suited for a college rather than the NBA... same goes for that god forsaken Bobcats logo. i was really pullin for the dragons as the new charlotte team... or at least the knights. Needless to say I'm very dissapointed with the decision

Hey, I was just answering the question re whether N.O. is coastal. B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived