Baltimore Orioles concept

dgnmrwrw

Peter Angelos is a complete buffoon. His pattern of repeatedly buying overpriced and usually washed up free agents instead of developing players through the farm system is probably the main reason the Rochester Red Wings dumped the O's after 2002. It broke up a 42-year old marriage between the two teams. Rochester developed such O's greats as Baylor, Grich, Davy Johnson, Bumbry, Belanger, Flanagan, Dennis Martinez, Paul Blair, Boog Powell and yes, Cal Ripken, Jr., to name a few.

As far as your unis. Right on! I love 'em all. And the cartoon bird is OK by me. After all the Orioles only won all three of their world championships while wearing the cartoon bird caps. That's how "minor league" it was. C'mon you anti-cartoon guys, the last time I looked the "ornothologically correct" bird hasn't done squat for the O's. B):rolleyes::D

Looks amazing! I H-A-T-E the O's current caps (worst in the league, IMO). Great job bringing back the cartoon bird!

wait...worst in the league? maybe their friday alt "O's" cap, but not their home and away. i mean, what about the jays, and the nats with the "W," and the mariners - the list could just keep going on and on...

anywho, i like the job with "baltimore" on the road jersey (which they never should have stopped using) and the new alt logo (minus the "B"), but the piping and color pattern (orange w/ black outline) need to stay as is

if you could go to the "orioles" script from their best years (66-83), that would make everything flow a little better too

a new bird - something more aggressive or fast - would work as well

and PLEASE :cursing: for christ's sake - - make the BP's BLACK, like they should be...too much orange makes the o's a dull bird

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Sorry to be all nit-picky, but for the text with "Orioles" and "Baltimore". On "orioles" the "o" has that little loop on the inside of it but on "baltimore" it doesn't. Also, the "i" in "orioles" on the home, alt, and batting unis has the dot connected to the stick, but on "baltimore" the dot and stick of the "i" aren't connected. The "e" seems out of place too but i can't quite put my finger on it.

It really isnt a major problem, it just makes the fonts look seperate and un-uniform. ^_^

I like the emphasis on orange, because too many teams overrepresent black. In the case of the O's, I like black, because those are the colors of the bird that the team is named for.

I love returning to the cartoon bird. It fits nicely with your overall look.

Don't expect to see them put "BALTIMORE" on the roadies any time soon. Peter Angelos refused to do that years ago when they were the only team in the Baltimore/Washington area. He always saw the entire area for both cities as the Orioles' eminent domain. Now that the Nationals exist, putting the city's name - though correct, and nicely done BTW - would be Angelos conceding that his team is not, in fact, the Baltimore/Washington Orioles. And he'd be conceding a city he's fighting like hell to hold onto... even as they now have a team of their own. Even if the fans like it, and it look great, Angelos is hellbent to try and keep a small hold on D.C.

This point was my main reason for re-emphasizing black; The oriole is mostly a black bird. That being said, I can understand people liking their currrent emphasis on orange.

As far as the "B" on the caps in the logos, I knew that might be a problem. I guess I thought it worked better aesthetically with something on the birds cap.

Thanks to all for the feedback.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

The cartoon Oriole brings back memories of the days of the Earl Weaver Birds ... in other words, when they were winners.

I'm no fan of the Orioles, but I don't understand why some teams disregard looks of when they were winners. Another case is the Cincinnati Reds -- all they would have had to do was get rid of the sans-a-belt unis (a lot like the St. Louis Cardinals) and they still would look like the Big Red Machine.

And the Oakland A's better not ever get rid of their white shoes.

As a hardcore O's fan, it's two things away from perfect

if your gonna go with the old school cartoon bird, but the white panel on the front

I don't much car for those small white B's on the logos, I don't much care for it

other than that, bravo, I would buy all that merch if the O's made it official

I really, really love the look of these. I like the cartoon bird, especially the secondary one, but I could also see this set with the current bird used as well and it would still look just as good. These are really solid.

I also have to give you a big thumbs up :woot: for using the word "ornithologically" as well!

"I'd buy one!"

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I love everything about this set. The hats and the black alt. esp. I would buy both of them.

:notworthy:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I also love the city name on the road jersey. I think that all teams should have the city(state) on road jersey. I really like the hats. The cartoon bird looks sharp on the all black hat.

Archived