Logo For A New School

Thad

Here in Guilford County we have a new school being erected this summer named Northern Guilford High School. This is because my school, NW Guilford and our RIVAL Grimsley, are overcrowded and the school would ease growing pains for both schools.

However I worry for the students of this school. Why? Their high school is gonna end up being named something like the Vikings, Cowboys, or the worst, THE WHIRLEYS. This contest is to save these children from a life with the horrible memory of a high school with a dud logo and nickname.

Your mission in this contest is to pick a nickname for Northern, and along with it a logo, a wordmark, football jerseys (just home and away), women's golf polo shirt, soccer jerseys for the boys (just home and away), Cross Country uniform (same for guys and gals), basketball jerseys for both the boys and girls (just a home and away), volleyball jersey (for the girls), lacrosse for girls and guys (just home and away), baseball (just home and away), Softball (both home and away), track (can be the same as CC), a football field design, and a basketball court.

The winner will be voted upon on the boards, and I will send the winners concept to the school board so it can be considered for the name of the school.

All entries are due on CC's boards by June 30th. You can post your progress on here if you like.

Good Luck!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I get a sticky?

App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Vikings

Spartans

Whirleys

Hornets

Pirates

Tigers

Cowboys

Titans

Eagles

Falcons

Rams

Those are all the local teams

Yes in NC

You do pick the nickname

Redmond Rampage

I'm serious that this is a CC approved contest... if you need the PMs Ill send them

Redmond Rampage

Can I get a sticky?

Not until we resolve the issue as to why there are 4 "CC approved contests" going on while the guidelines state there are only to be 3, max.

I make 5

• lilg's AFL Challenge
  • Division 1-AA Contest
  • MS Paint Only
  • Headbangers Bowl
  • This One

CC

Ok, well I'll reserve a spot for your contest to start at on the morning of the 23rd, if that's alright with you

spend the meantime planning

Redmond Rampage

Can I get a sticky?

Not until we resolve the issue as to why there are 4 "CC approved contests" going on while the guidelines state there are only to be 3, max.

I make 5

• lilg's AFL Challenge
  • Division 1-AA Contest
  • MS Paint Only
  • Headbangers Bowl
  • This One

actually it's four, the MS Paint Contest ended and is in the voting stages. Plus my contest is also a CC Approved contest as well, he also told me to start on the 23rd

CC
Ok, well I'll reserve a spot for your contest to start at on the morning of the 23rd, if that's alright with you

spend the meantime planning

Ah yes, but I also sent you a PM before you posted this thread suggesting you wait to start this contest as there are too many going on now.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

When this competition begins, which may be immediately, are you accepting new logos only, or re-coloured versions of others as well?

It appears there are many High Schools who have a re-coloured logo from another team.

Also, what colours?

This is a re-coloured version of the Newcastle Knights Rugby League club.

I've also swapped the Knights helmet to face the other way.

If interested, I'll proceed to make uniforms, otherwise, no probs, I used it for my cousin's social basketball team which no longer plays.

Knights.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

When this competition begins, which may be immediately, are you accepting new logos only, or re-coloured versions of others as well?

It appears there are many High Schools who have a re-coloured logo from another team.

Also, what colours?

This is a re-coloured version of the Newcastle Knights Rugby League club.

I've also swapped the Knights helmet to face the other way.

If interested, I'll proceed to make uniforms, otherwise, no probs, I used it for my cousin's social basketball team which no longer plays.

Knights.gif

i don't like the Knights!

btw, so is this on or off?

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

This is on...I'll just keep it surviving without it being stickied... no big

Redmond Rampage

if we can recolor logos, I'm in , please let me know if we can recolor logos

i'd steer clear of the knights for a nickname if the school will be called northern guilford - northern durham high school (about 30-40 miles away) is also the knights - i highly doubt that a new high school would want to risk the confusion of two "Northern Knights" teams...but i could be wrong - raleigh/durham and greensboro/winston-salem are two different media outlets with different papers covering teams, etc.

is the name of this school finalized???...if not, that could make a huge difference in a mascot/nickname - it seems unusual to me that guilford county would have a northeast guilford hs, northwest guilford hs AND a northern guilford hs all in the same county

jldesigns404eo.png

School name is finalized

no, we're not really known for anything a school board would welcome as a name... maybe a farming nickname..

you can do this all in paint... bball jersey for CC & track; hockey with the sleeves cut off for lax

you can do the logo however you want... but remember people will vote for the best design, and that will be the only one shown to the school board.

Redmond Rampage

Archived