Thad

Logo For A New School

Very nice, people around here are very proud of what happened here during The Revolutionary War

If anyone is searching for a name, the Buglers might be a good one

i've shortened my list of ideas to Dragons, Owls, and Jaguars....I know which one I want to use, but which one do you all like best?

i've shortened my list of ideas to Dragons, Owls, and Jaguars....I know which one I want to use, but which one do you all like best?

I dunno that any are relevant... OK - so they kind of fit the theme of the other teams - but with a clean slate I think it makes a lot of sense to get some historical reference in there...

Buglers and Militiamen tie Northern Guilford County High School to the local area so they can generate some local pride in teams that might otherwise not automatically have local support...

Out of those I'd either do the Owls or the Jaguars...having Jaguars with a slight edge

what about "Militia" and drop the "men"

I like Militia

You could go with Rebels too

Or how about things like Red or Blue Jackets?? Which is which - I can't remember!

I like Militia

Or how about things like Red or Blue Jackets?? Which is which - I can't remember!

i like Bluejackets, I may end up doing that, but we'll see. I dont like Rebels, its a bit too confederate(redneck) for me

I like Militia

i like Bluejackets, I may end up doing that, but we'll see. I dont like Rebels, its a bit too confederate(redneck) for me

Some other names that come from the Battle for Guilford Courthouse are:

Volunteers

Rifles

Riflemen

Continentals

or an even better one - the Northern Guilford Scared North Carolinians

lol

Quick question - Is this school district one who is searching for non gender-specific mascot names? I know many schools now take that approach.

theyd probably want one where it could work for either gender, yes.

Im going with a concept using a slightly recolored Columbus Blue Jackets logo, I will post when I feel ready.

what can we use for a volleyball template?

soccer jersey... and maybe cut a "V" into the collar like many girls shirts do now..

Take the sleeves off as well, as that is the norm for volleyball jerseys. Girls just roll 'em up anyway, even if there are no sleeves to roll up.

nice call!

how many people are doin this?

I'm working on something with the name Explorers/Voyagers...non-gender, (even though I have a male figure in the logo) and it is fairly neutral.

I'm in and I choose the Northern Guilford Blue Jackets, using the Columbus Blue Jackets logo