Stockton Thunder

twi

Would make more sense for a team called the Vikings, Barbarians, or Gladiators. The name doesn't fit but I like the logo.

mainescarf.png

Mor like Joe Blaaaa-sac. His stuff all looks the same. You know it's time to do somthing orgininal when logo fans know the designer just by looking at the logo. :sleeping:

Another awesome, educated comment from one of the terrific n00bs we're getting on the boards these days. Who says 7 posts in an internet chat room isn't more than enough experience to insult one of the industry leaders with a proven track record in the field? BTW, he also happens to come here occasionaly. Nice call, though, [Mod edit: now now...]. You've shown a true level expertise the few people can achieve. You're opening your own design firm soon, right? I can't wait to see your idea "orginal" work. Let me know how it works out for you.

---

Every designer has his/her own distinct style. It would be different if Joe regurgitated the same design over and over, but anyone who has half of a clue knows that it's simply not the case. Every logo he does has it's own character and distinguishing features.

hstansbury, don't forget that whoever designed this did it according to the client's specifications. The team chose the designer based on his or her previous work, probably expecting to get a logo with a similar style.

If you've got an issue with logos that have a character above text, you should have problems with a whole lot of other designers as well as Joe Bosack.

Oh that's not true...I've done a few logos where the mean animal lurks UNDER the type!

Howard, I don't feel particularly compeled to defend our firm, but if you would like to make such a harsh criticism of my career, please have the courtesy to make it to me directly:

joe@joebosack.com

or better yet, call me and we can discuss,

215-766-1461

Would make more sense for a team called the Vikings, Barbarians, or Gladiators. The name doesn't fit but I like the logo.

Did anyone else pick up that the shoulders and tricep/bicep area of Thor form a "cloud" liek shape.

This logo is brilliant. So many subtleties in there, and it all flows well.

Archived