Clarkson university unveiled

jefrsn

For a team named the "Golden Knights" one would think that the colors should be somewhat reversed:

i.e. gold armor with green highlights; green feather; green background device trimmed in gold. The wordmark for Clarkson could remain green, but place it on a gold background. Oh, well... go figure.

Brian in Boston

Amen brothers!  Even with all that is slightly wrong with it, it's still a nice design.  Check out the hockey logo, listed as "secondary Logo" on their homesite.  

http://www.clarkson.edu/athleti....opy.jpg  

(cut and paste)

I like it!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

whoa, phoenix did something actually worthy of being a logo...let's see, the mets wore the blue hats, then the pinstripes, hank blalock won the allstar game, now this...the world is coming to an end :o

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Easy there SyPhi,

You often see knights charging into battle with a hockey stick. Many quality movies have deplicted the Golden Knight in a green suit of armor charging the castle with a hockey stick only later to receive 2 minutes for roughing.

Nice point - just having some fun with ya. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I'm no historian, and I'm no fan of Phoenix D.W., but they might have gotten this right.  I think when people refer to some group of knights as black knights, white knights, crimson knights, etc., it refers to the color of the plume, not the armor.  Armor is always going to be black or some shade of grey.  However, plumes can be dyed to have the desired color.  Knights might have had plumes to distinguish themselves in battle or something, I don't really know.  Or maybe the plume is just something created by more modern day depictions of knights.  

The armor on this logo is green, which is okay because it's dark enough to actually look like armor.  Gold armor would just look wierd, unless it's a brestplate, like from roman times in which case their might be some golden detailing for the rich.

They're a school in upstate New York most known for their hockey program, which happens to be their only NCAA Division 1 sport.  They play in the ECAC for hockey and the NCAA D-3 Upstate Collegiate Athletic Association for all other sports but football (along with other ECAC rivals like RPI, St. Lawrence, and Union)

QPR%20Sig.png

I'm no historian, and I'm no fan of Phoenix D.W., but they might have gotten this right. I think when people refer to some group of knights as black knights, white knights, crimson knights, etc., it refers to the color of the plume, not the armor. Armor is always going to be black or some shade of grey. However, plumes can be dyed to have the desired color.

I am a historian and!! Your right!! Armour, being made out of a hard metal would most usually be silver in colour (at least when new!!) Sometimes copper, bronze maybe but generally a metallic colour. Not often black although I dont think that is entirely a Hollywood invention.

The Plumes of feathers at the top of a Knights helmet would be usually originally to identify themselves in battle (Only you yanks dont seem to worry about killing your own people in war!!) Although by the time that Jousting and such was the main use for a suit of armour these became more ornamental and would have been used to identify a particular horseman!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived