NFL Browns New Helmet Concept

KlayElko

Here is the helmet I created plus the logo and what the logo used to look like.

LOGOHELMET.jpg

LOGO.jpg

RapidCityRedDogs3.gif

I found the logo from the NIFL, Rapid City Red Dogs

C&C

oh yea and on the logo, I relize the nose is a little off. hope nobody notices. :D

I'd have to say that the woman in your sig is ugly and needs a steak.

I think most people who post concepts are looking for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Not smartass remarks from :censored:s like you.

LOGOHELMET.jpg

LOGO.jpg

RapidCityRedDogs3.gif

C&C

oh yea and on the logo, I relize the nose is a little off. hope nobody notices. :D

It's OK, but here's my issue with it, without wading into the debate over violating the sanctity of the Browns's logoless traditional helmets.

The team name is the Browns. A couple decades ago, a group of fans down behind one of the end zones came to be known as the "Dawg Pound", which by extension and through Arsenio Hall, got national recognition for all Browns fans. That's the first extension.

Along the way, someone decided to use a bulldog as the secondary logo for the football team. So now a nickname for a group of fans has made its way into the official logo package of its team. That's a second extension.

You have now gone ahead and changed the breed of dog from bulldog to Doberman. Thus a third extension has been made by you.

So in conclusion, you have chosen to identify this football team by placing on its helmets a breed of dog chosen essentially at random that is of a different breed of dog than the one conjured up as an alternate logo for the team, based on a group of fans that support the team. The logo is an extension of an extension of an unofficial nickname given to the team's fans.

This would be like putting a logo of an icepick on the Raiders' helmets, because their fans refer to themselves as part of the Black Hole, and some of the fans who go to Raiders' games wear shoulder pads with black spikes on them (like wrestling's old Road Warriors), and icepicks are sharp weapons that are kinda similar to the spikes on the shoulder pads of the fans who go to the games.

I personally like the uniqueness of the Browns' logoless helmets. But if you want to put a logo on the helmets, put a logo on it that actually represents the team, not just a representation of a different breed of the same animal that embodies the team's fans. It's way too tangential, and you've gone a step beyond what they already did, which was wrong in my opinion.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

FUNNY.jpg

who said it was a doberman?????? :D:P !!!!!!

Very clever. Mad scientists all over the world are rubbing their hands together and cackling malevolently at your DoberBull.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

LOGOHELMET.jpg

LOGO.jpg

RapidCityRedDogs3.gif

C&C

Correction: the Black Hills Red Dogs of the UIF from the days they were in the nILF and known as the Rapid City Red Dogs. :D Just had to do that. OCD

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I agree with Vitamin D.

The logo is fine and would be a decent concept for some new team or fantasy team, but I am not comfortable with how the "dawgs" would become part of their uniform.

The fans declaring themselves the "dawgs" is cool, but the team should not adopt it as part of their identity.

It's analagous to Washington putting hogs on their helmet...

EDIT: After reading the thread closer, I see that the Browns have a Bulldog logo as a secondary. That bugs me. But it would be even worse to use it on a helmet...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It's analagous to Washington putting hogs on their helmet...

Damn, OnWis... I spent far too long coming up with my spike analogy for the Raiders, and you came up with the best possible example. If this were "Family Feud", you would have stolen the #1 answer on the board. And gotten kissed by Richard Dawson. :blink:

All I can say in my defense is that growing up in Eagles Nation, you learn to block out the visual of fat guys in sundresses wearing pig noses. *shudders*

2007nleastchamps.png

I'd have to say that the woman in your sig is ugly and needs a steak.

I think most people who post concepts are looking for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Not smartass remarks from :censored:s like you.

Hey SCHelmetProject, that woman in my sig is Emmy Rossum and she's NOT ugly!

By the way, I was commenting KlayElko on his Browns Helmet Concept and that it sucks!

YOZXkBG.png?1

Yes, she is ugly. You have bad taste. And, I know what you were commenting on- my point was for you to NOT comment if something like that is all you have to say. It was pointless, tasteless, and totally unneccessary.

That helmet logo reminds me a little bit of the SCLSU Muddogs from "Waterboy", the West Canaan Coyotes of "Varsity Blues" and the team from "The Program", all mixed and mashed together.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yeah, she is real ugly. Also, I really like that B football logo they have. It's old school looking and is more Browns than the Bulldog. However, I am one for tradition, and for some reson or another I love the logoless helmet. If I wasn't firmly entrenched in New England, I'd definitely be a Browns fan.

Archived