Rockies star suffers freak accident

yankeeman161

Well here's another interesting baseball weird accident, Colorado Rockies rookie shortstop, Clint Barmes was put on the 60-day DL yesterday for oddly enough, breaking his left collarbone while carrying up groceries to his apartment after a game on Sunday. Barmes will have surgery today and will miss 3 months of action.

C & C Welcome and here's the link: FOXSports.com - MLB- Barmes sidelined with broken collarbone

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Well here's another interesting baseball weird accident, Colorado Rockies rookie shortstop, Clint Barmes was put on the 60-day DL yesterday for oddly enough, breaking his left collarbone while carrying up groceries to his apartment after a game on Sunday. Barmes will have surgery today and will miss 3 months of action.

C & C Welcome and here's the link: FOXSports.com - MLB- Barmes sidelined with broken collarbone

C & C welcome?

If you say so.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=307974

Doesn't he have a butler for stuff like this? ^_^

Probably not. If this isn't an excuse to ask for a new contract worth more money, I don't know what is.

I heard he was going to take the elevator, but he got tired of waiting for it, so he took the stairs.

It's a shame -- this kid will be a star in this league one day. He'd probably have been the Rookie of the Year and would've stood a shot at representing the Rockies in the All-Star game

IUe6Hvh.png

Thats a kid from Indiana for ya. "Oh no, I cant get hurt on the field, but whats this? Oops, clumsy me!". Needless to say he was on my fantasy team, he would have had a great year.

Thats a kid from Indiana for ya. "Oh no, I cant get hurt on the field, but whats this? Oops, clumsy me!". Needless to say he was on my fantasy team, he would have had a great year.

Definetely. He was top two in pretty much all the offensive categories for a Shortstop -- average, rbi's, hr's, OBP. Yet he's still behind Nomar in the all-star voting. :blink:

Stupid fan voting.

IUe6Hvh.png

Definetely. He was top two in pretty much all the offensive categories for a Shortstop -- average, rbi's, hr's, OBP. Yet he's still behind Nomar in the all-star voting. :blink:

Stupid fan voting.

That's why Cubs fans don't deserve a series win.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Also in the article

Some of the more memorable included:

Sammy Sosa spraining a ligament in his back after sneezing last season.

John Vander Wal tearing cartilage in his knee while shoveling snow soon after signing with the Reds last year.

Marty Cordova of the Orioles burning his face in a tanning salon in 2002.

Toronto's Glenallen Hill, in one of the strangest of them all, sustaining cuts and scrapes on his feet, knees and arm during a violent nightmare about spiders. Hill popped out of bed, bumped into a wall and scrambled up a staircase - all without waking up.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived