Natalie Gublis

bhambruiser

While sitting here at work, I have to have cbs going in one of my monitors (I work at the CBS affiliate in Birmingham) so i happen to notice a hottie golfer...actually a couple but natalie gublis is the one I am talking about...paula creamer is hot too (any realation Chris?) but here are some pics for your approval

gulbis.jpg

hot_natalie_gulbis1.jpg

gulbis_16.jpg

061303Rgulbis1.jpg

golf is still the most boring HOBBY on television ever....that's right I said it golf is a hobby, not a sport

No golf's a sport.

The neccesity of it being on tv could be in question however.

paula creamer is hot too (any realation Chris?)

I should get used to this question now, cause I'm sure that's the question I'll be getting everytime I meet someone new (as long as she's successful, and attractive :))

But no, there is no relation between us.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Golf haters, walk 18 holes in 95 degree heat and tell me it doesn't require some form of stamina and athleticism; two characteristics of a sport in my opinion. ^_^

try lugging a fifty pound bag up and down the hills at the course I work at, all the while thinking about which club your guy should use, walking off distance, replacing divots, it's exhausting. The worst is when you get an old dude's group, they take 5 1/2 hours to play and then you get like a ten dollar tip, and they always have these heavy leather bags from the 1970's that just kill your shoulder. Golf is a sport if not for the golfers then it is for the caddies.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Apparently some things need to be cleared up on what exactly a "sport" is.

My first job, when I was 16, was as the manual labor at a lawn and garden center. I stocked, I lifted, I shoveled sand, rocks and compost. I rolled, unrolled, and watered sod, and came home filthy. I did it all summer long, even through the record-setting week in July of '95 when temps were in the 100-110 range and old people were dropping like 8-inch putts. It was physically demanding and at times, downright brutal.

But it wasn't a sport.

There was no scoring system, no competition, no official rules of play, no stated length of game, et cetera and so on.

Golf is a sport because it has these things.

It's just not a very good or exciting sport.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

ok because something is tiring doesn't mean it is a sport. You can get worn out from sitting on the john with a bad case of...well i'll just leave the rest to your imaginations.

Golf is the only so-called sport where 70-year old's can still knock it around at a similar level with 20 year olds.

Let's see Grampa step in the batter's box and face a 90 mph heater (excluding the freaks of nature out there i.e. 107-year old extra terrestrial Julio Franco) or let's see him stand down a 350 lb lineman in the pocket.

Golf is a Hobby. period....like chess and bridge

Golf is the only so-called sport where 70-year old's can still knock it around at a similar level with 20 year olds.

Really? What about pool? Bowling? Ultimate frisbee?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

ok because something is tiring doesn't mean it is a sport. You can get worn out from sitting on the john with a bad case of...well i'll just leave the rest to your imaginations.

Let's see Grampa step in the batter's box and face a 90 mph heater (excluding the freaks of nature out there i.e. 107-year old extra terrestrial Julio Franco) or let's see him stand down a 350 lb lineman in the pocket.

Golf is a Hobby. period....like chess and bridge

I'd be surprised if you actually played golf reguarly based on what your saying.

first of all the 70 year olds can't it with the twenty year olds. the old man rounds on average last about an hour longer than do the rounds that you get when you have a group of young guys. Meaning they hit more shots, so it takes longer.

Second of all, while Golf isn't as physically demanding as other sports, it does take great physical ability and coordination not to mention mental preperation to hit a shot two feet from the hole in a pressure situation such as a tournament, or a golf course where you are paying 200 for a round and you don't want to screw up. I see that every day. Thirdly, who ever said you needed to be tackled for that to be a sport. I have played both golf and baseball and I will tell you that it is easier to hit a baseball than it is to hit a good golf shot. Fourthly, I think people put too many restrictions on what a sport is. A sport is anything in my mind where there is actual competition going on that requires a certain level of difficulty. So golf is a sport.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Really? What about pool? Bowling? Ultimate frisbee?

Darts :)

I saw, I came, I left.

pool, bowling ? come on...all clearly hobbies as well (fun, but still hobbies)..ultimate frisbee is closer to a sport than the other two.

as for my definition of what constitutes a sport and a hobby. Here are my thoughts:

First let's define SPORT: An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively." It is the first part of the definition that precludes golf from being a sport: "An activity involving physical exertion..."

There is hardly physical exertion going around the golf course (and don't give me the walking crap). now if they were being chased by wild boar from hole to hole you might have an arguement. But as it is I don't want to hear it.

This is a good analogy:

"Golf is a mind game more than anything else. How can I maximize my drive? How can I use the wind to get the ball where I want it? Which club will do the best job for this situation? This places golf in the category of chess. I don't think that too many people would argue that chess is a sport. Give two people a chess set and tell them to walk through a meadow with it while playing and you've got golf."

Others may point out the coordination required to get off a really good drive and the precision required for putting. If that's where golf's athleticism lies, let's get pool, darts and bowling on the nightly sports newscasts.

It requires a certain level of difficulty to fix computer code...and yes there is competition among business who specialize in that...does that make programming a sport...hardly

A hobby is usually something someone does to relax....Golf can be played by anyone, old, young, fat, slim...you can play until you die....sort of like badminton..or as I said earlier- bridge.

By the way Natalie Gublis is still really hot. ^_^

I'm assuming you've never taken a golf shot? It's not as easy as you think and it does take physical exertion to swing a golf club the way the pros do, week after week. Golfers often have shoulder and hip problems. They don't suffer those injuries at home. That's reserved for baseball players when they carry groceries :D

As for the walking argument, try spending several hours on a hot day without sitting while walking about 4 miles.

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm assuming you've never taken a golf shot? It's not as easy as you think and it does take physical exertion to swing a golf club the way the pros do, week after week. Golfers often have shoulder and hip problems. They don't suffer those injuries at home. That's reserved for baseball players when they carry groceries :D

As for the walking argument, try spending several hours on a hot day without sitting while walking about 4 miles.

I never said golf was easy...i simply said i do not think it is a sport...

as for the walking- if john daly can do it while smoking a cigarette then i don't think it would be that taxing...maybe if there were a time limit to get to the next hole, your arguement would be a bit better, but it isn't like they are speed walking or anything.

Archived