New Yankee Stadium?

DEAD!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen this before. I think the renderings are already out there on the net somewhere. It should be pretty sweet. I don't buy the whole "third oldest stadium" thing, since they basically "Soldier Fielded" it in the 70's.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've seen this before. I think the renderings are already out there on the net somewhere. It should be pretty sweet. I don't buy the whole "third oldest stadium" thing, since they basically "Soldier Fielded" it in the 70's.

The facade will mainly stay the same, and in the one I saw, they will be going with a retractable roof as well. The mets new stadium, I saw a few years ago would be the facade of old Ebbetts Field also with a retractable roof.

You know if the state allow the Mets and Yanks to get a stadium? That would piss the Jets off. Hell, even when the Broklyn Nets get a new Gym in the Hood that would even piss the Jets off and then now what.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

You know if the state allow the Mets and Yanks to get a stadium? That would piss the Jets off. Hell, even when the Broklyn Nets get a new Gym in the Hood that would even piss the Jets off and then now what.

Jets probably can't be too pissed off at the state with respect to the Yanks because the Yanks are paying for everything except the parking area.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Jets probably can't be too pissed off at the state with respect to the Yanks because the Yanks are paying for everything except the parking area.

You got a point to that. The Yanks has the money while the jets only have half chump change.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

It may be the same piece of land as the old stadium, but I agree that It's not the same park as it was before the "Soldier Fielding" (if I may borrow the term) of the '70's. Kind of hard to see tradition when the signature facade isn't even in the same part of the park as it once was.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

The facade will mainly stay the same, and in the one I saw, they will be going with a retractable roof as well. The mets new stadium, I saw a few years ago would be the facade of old Ebbetts Field also with a retractable roof.

The one I saw had the same facade, but it was a tannish-bronzish color (instead of white). They said it looked more like the pre-70's version of it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

A few things have changes since the plan that was unveiled in 2001. The Yankees will be paying for it themselves, with the city paying and owning the parking around the stadium. The city has to pay for improvements to the roads and new rail station. It think that is fair, the city should be responsible for infrastructure improvements. Another thing is it will be an open-air stadium. The roof was dropped to lower cost. The stadium will be a mix of the Old and the New Stadium. The playing field will be like the current while everything else will be like the old minus the obstructed views. With the Facade around the outfield.

From What I can tell from what I have heard, read, and seen was when the remodeled in the 70's the left the exterior wall up and moved back the upper deck in order to get rid of the poles. They also moved the field back. If you look at the area beyond the outfield fence you can see how they kept moving in the walls. Where the bleachers are was the original outfield wall in the old stadium. The wall where the retired numbers are is where it was when the stadium was first remodeled. Then they moved it to the current dimensions. They talk about Yankee Stadium's left field being big now, I couldn't imagine someone having to hit into the left field bleachers for a home run. I've never seen that happen.

Wow. Those look really nice. I do get a bit of the Soldier Field vibe from it, with the classical brick architecture but the space-age stadium sticking out of it,

I think it would be better if they rotated the direction so you could see the Manhattan skyline behind center field.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The outfield facade is missing something:

nyy_logobanner_primary.jpg

and where are the monuments?

Other than that, it's not bad.

The monuments will be located in Centerfield. At the press conference they had a picture of it I haven't found it yet.

And the Facade is there it is located in it's original location around the grandstand.

Here's a close up of the model.

53073418.jpg

Also, the current stadium would be turned into a High School/ College field and would be part of the new parkland they will put around the stadium. There are also going to build a sports related High School near the stadium.

so who is the architect of record of this puppy? my guess would be hok sport.

edit: just read the article and I'm right lol. thats what i get for being an architecture major, looking at a building and being able to tell who designed it.

Archived