Boston Bruins Concept

Chief.

Adding a color to a scheme as well recognized as the Bruins is one of those tough decisions that could be great or not. I happen to like this concept, and really dig the brown in there, but my gut is telling me the black and gold is too recognized and strong a pattern to mess with.

It's like the Rams switching from the blue and yellow to the current navy and gold they have now. Using real gold was a cool idea, but there's something wildly outlandish in that clashing yellow and blue that popped their old uniforms really well.

Anyway, I'm rambling, I like what you did, not many designs could add that much brown to the uniforms and keep them intact and alive. Good work.

If the Bruins went to dark brown and gold, it would look fine. But dark brown and black look too similar to be used together, so dump the black and replace it altogether.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The Bruins' original colors were brown and gold, so you're just returning to their beginnings. I've never cared for the over-the-shoulder-and-down-the-arm striping. I hated it when the Leafs wore it and it certainly has done the B's no favors. Guess that style turns you into a loser.

Try Boston's old striping in dark brown and gold. That would make a sweet sweater. :rolleyes:

not a fan of the brown. sorry. i've often thought of concepts using a sort of burgendy or maroon (a la BC, or U Minnesota), as an evolution of the brown to a better color. but the black and gold is a big part of what the b's are now, since they've stuck with that since like, the 30's or 40's.

I've never cared for the over-the-shoulder-and-down-the-arm striping. I hated it when the Leafs wore it and it certainly has done the B's no favors. Guess that style turns you into a loser.

Try Boston's old striping in dark brown and gold. That would make a sweet sweater.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The current Bruins Uni's have been the death of this franchise. The passion has been gone since day one (10 years now!).

I like the idea of trying the old striping with the brown and gold.

The current Bruins Uni's have been the death of this franchise. The passion has been gone since day one (10 years now!).

I don't think the uniform change had very much to do with it.

I like the addition of brown, except in the alternate jersey. I think there's enough brown already in the bear logo.

It's nice and all, but, no offense, haven't we seen this exact recoloring of these uniforms already?

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived