Brewers Logo Contest

amare32

BTW, what does a big red C in a big blue circle and smaller UBS letters have to do with being a baby bear? Uh, nothing.  And I'd hate it if the Cubs ever got rid of their primary for their alt with the walking cub on it.

the brewers ball and glove/mb logo dosnt have any of the history of the C-UBS logo, the yankees NY, or the tigers D. the difference is that the logos mentioned have been around for some time, almost at the beggining of their respective teams in the early 1900's. the ball and glove/mb logo came around in the 70's. they are completly different issues. the cubs logo has a history the glove logo dosnt have.

If teams keep changing their logos as often as they do, no logo is going to be around long enough to have a chance of becoming 'historical.'

I'm sure fans are more protective of everything involving their own team, even when the others' argument of "it makes no sense to do that" actually makes sense.

Yeah, there was a 33-season lapse, but the pretzel has been the symbol of Washington baseball for 44 years. It never went away. Those who supported the cause either broke out their old cap or got a Cooperstown cap -- and the pretzel was there.

The glove is better. It could stand a makeover, though.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who claim that the current look is the best they've ever had, may I point out:

BARRELMAN (1970-77): .427 winning percentage.

BALL-AND-GLOVE (1978-93): .517, 1981 AL East half-title, 1982 AL East title, 1982 AL pennant, three World Series wins.

PSEUDO-GERMANIC AND WHEAT (1994-present): .441.

Every one of the 10 winning seasons the Brewers have had in their 36 years had that logo. Every major team accomplishment the Brewers have had, and most of their individual accomplishments (Juan Nieves' no-hitter, Paul Molitor's 39-game hitting streak, Robin Yount's 3000th hit), have occurred with the players wearing that logo. Like it or not, that's the truth. Maybe that's why 62.4 percent of the fans chose the dated look over that oh-so-modern wheat.

(And, BTW, I'm not really a fan of the ball-and-glove. I tend to think all Brewers' looks are poor.)

Packers-2.png

For those of you who claim that the current look is the best they've ever had, may I point out:

BALL-AND-GLOVE (1978-93): .517, 1981 AL East half-title, 1982 AL East title, 1982 AL pennant, three World Series wins.

Every one of the 10 winning seasons the Brewers have had in their 36 years had that logo. Every major team accomplishment the Brewers have had, and most of their individual accomplishments (Juan Nieves' no-hitter, Paul Molitor's 39-game hitting streak, Robin Yount's 3000th hit), have occurred with the players wearing that logo. Like it or not, that's the truth. Maybe that's why 62.4 percent of the fans chose the dated look over that oh-so-modern wheat.

(And, BTW, I'm not really a fan of the ball-and-glove. I tend to think all Brewers' looks are poor.)

that's a good point

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

So, what does the record really have to do with the design of the logo? That's like saying McDonald's has the best logo of the fast food franchises because their burgers are the best.

The players make the team successful no matter what they wear. If the Brewers were division leaders, we wouldn't have this logo argument would we?

I saw, I came, I left.

Probably not, but not only are they not division leaders, they haven't even had a winning season in 13 years, and this won't be a winning season. The ball-and-glove logo at least represents success to Brewers fans. What does what followed the ball-and-glove represent -- Sal Bando as general manager? What does the current logo represent -- "Wait 'til Several Years from Now"?

Better question: What is the purpose of having a logo that people don't like?

Packers-2.png

No point at all. Which is why the Brewers must change their logo.

They sell a whole lotta Cooperstown Collection stuff, but very little "regular" stuff.

The fans have voted. Again. Every time this question comes up, the fans vote overwhelmingly for the old logo. Part of that is the old logo, and part of that is that the current look is so uninspiring.

I can't believe I havn't chimed in on this one yet.

I gotta say no thanks to bringing back the glove logo but the newer one isn't that great either. As long as they keep the running sausages it's all good. :)

6uXNWAo.png

No point at all. Which is why the Brewers must change their logo.

They sell a whole lotta Cooperstown Collection stuff, but very little "regular" stuff.

The fans have voted. Again. Every time this question comes up, the fans vote overwhelmingly for the old logo. Part of that is the old logo, and part of that is that the current look is so uninspiring.

..... and its also because the people of Milwaukee can identify with the logo. After all the citizens of Milwaukee only have four fingers (including the thumb) :D

I saw, I came, I left.

It's clear what the true brew crew fans want... we want the old glove & ball logo back!! Definatly the most creative logo in all of sports... A baseball glove that forms the team intials... "m" on top of the "b" to form the glove... you can't get any better then that...

Every poll i have seen about the brewers logo, shows that at least 75% of the fans want the old glove & ball logo... a poll at www.postcrescent.com shows 74% voting for the old logo... while only 26% wanting to keep the current.

Former Brewers slugger ?Stormin? Gorman Thomas made his preference clear from the moment he sauntered onto the field before Friday?s game wearing a cap with the ?glove? logo.

?Love the glove and you can?t go wrong,? said Thomas, 54, who played at least parts of 11 seasons with the Brewers between 1973 and 1986.

Some players in the younger generation echo similar sentiments. Brewers rookie first baseman Prince Fielder, 21, embraces the ?glove? logo because ?it?s just cool, something I like.?

On the players' caps.

"I'm with you," said Brewers manager Ned Yost, who proudly wore the hat as a member of Harvey's Wallbangers. "I like the logo. It wouldn't bother me if they changed back to it. I'm like everybody else. I'd love the hats."

Please take a minute to sign my petition to bring back the old glove & ball logo:

Click Here to Sign Petition to the Milwaukee Brewers

brewers6tm.th.jpg

homeuniforms8ri.th.jpg

Click Here to Sign Petition to the Milwaukee Brewers

Watched the Brewers-Pirates game Saturday night on TV while with my in-laws in western Pennsylvania.

Saw a ton of the "glove" hats, on the heads of kids, adults, even a few people working the game in the stands.

Number of the team's current hats I saw, aside from those on the heads of the players in the game: none.

nav-logo.png

Archived