LAS VEGAS MLB CONCEPT

cyandlux

Since this is getting largely ignored, I decided to start a new thread.

This is my idea for a MLB team in Las Vegas

LV-CHAP-3---50-percent.jpg

As always C&C please!

Updated a few mistakes.....Roadrunners = AAA & Chaparrals = majors...thats the main differences

I might put up a color tweak to the bird at some point......

The cap logos need some work. The "LV" monogram is too small on the first, and the bird is too small with so much detail to translate to an embroidered cap well. I'd go with the first, maybe with that pale blue as an outline to make it stand out. (Is the gold going to be metallic?)

I like the concept and the idea, and can't wait for the uniforms, although it could be hard to work those colors into a professional uniform. We'll see - good luck!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Awesome overall. The LV needs to be bigger, and might need some kind of outline, on the cap. I disagree that the bird is too detailed to work - Baltimore's bird would make Audubon proud and New Era manages to stitch it - but I think your bird head logo is more distinctive. I'd use that as a road cap.

Can't wait to see uniforms!

20082614447.png

Awesome overall. The LV needs to be bigger, and might need some kind of outline, on the cap. I disagree that the bird is too detailed to work - Baltimore's bird would make Audubon proud and New Era manages to stitch it - but I think your bird head logo is more distinctive. I'd use that as a road cap.

BW - I was saying that if the bird were to be used for a cap logo, it'd have to be bigger. As is, it is far too small - smaller than Baltimore's bird, even moreso when you consider how much of the chaparral is tail - to be reproduced with quality and accuracy in the details. Make the bird bigger, and I am sure that New Era could easily do a good job.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

BW - I was saying that if the bird were to be used for a cap logo, it'd have to be bigger. As is, it is far too small - smaller than Baltimore's bird, even moreso when you consider how much of the chaparral is tail - to be reproduced with quality and accuracy in the details. Make the bird bigger, and I am sure that New Era could easily do a good job.

YAh, I just tossed the logos on the hats to see what they would look like, not final or anything....oh and

BUMP!

that was fun, my first bump, MORE C&C PLEEEEAAAASE!

On the bird does the head area need feathers and more detail?

I believe Roger Penske's old indy car models where called Chaparrals....

No sure it is a baseball type name for me.. but overall decent idea. Just need some minor tweaks. I might consider some different coloring, but that is just me.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

LV-CHAP-4.jpg

This is it with the gold outline, which I like better, plus I like the silver body rather than brown.

I am working on a word mark for the jerseys and to overlay the poker chip. Plus I think that the bird is too "long" so Im going to try and put the tail up and curved.

Watching this reminds me of the evolution of your Hartford concept. This too is coming along nicely. Any way to have the tail point straight up? It would make the design more compact laterally, and then you could make it bigger so the details would show up well on an embroidered cap.

2007nleastchamps.png

LV-CHAP-5.jpg

Heres another tweak, mostly wordmarks.....

I attempted a tweak on the tail but my gf said that it didnt look like a roadrunner anymore because she felt it needed to be pointing out to be recognizable....maybe I'll try some tomorrow...so I'll call it a night for now.....

• 8 months later...

A MLB team in Las Vegas...I smell another design cometition in the air.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

A MLB team in Las Vegas...I smell another design cometition in the air.

What on earth possessed you to bump up this thread? <_<

As for the logo package, like the LV hat logo, like the shoulder patch, would suggest using the secondary rather than the primary on the Alt. hat, think that the tail on the primary is a little on the big side, and am not entirely sold on the "Chaparrals" cursive font. Pretty good design with an inventive name, though.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No offense, but:

Chapparals? Brown, gray, babypowdersky blue, gold? clip art roadrunner logo? In the MLB? Eh, I don't think so.

Aces work. Mayyybe Chaps. But Chapparals is just plain awkward. So are the colors.

Archived