NFL/NCAA Challenge

OK, so I've been thinking about this for a while now. I was wondering whether it would be interesting to see college teams play against pro teams in an exhibition tune-up before the college football season. It would be almost like a scrimmage after training camp, and each NFL team would play a game against a local college team in the college stadium. Tell me what you guys think of this lineup:

AFC

West

Chargers vs. San Diego State

Raiders vs. Cal

Chiefs vs. Kansas

Broncos vs. Colorado

North

Ravens vs. Maryland

Steelers vs. Pitt

Bengals vs. Ohio State

Browns vs. Miami OH

East

Dolphins vs. Miami FL

Bills vs. Syracuse

Jets vs. Hofstra

Patriotss vs. Boston College

South

Colts vs. Purdue

Texans vs. Texas A&M

Jags vs. Florida

Titans vs. Tennessee

NFC

West

Niners vs. Stanford

Seahawks vs. Washington

Cards vs. Arizona St.

Rams vs. Mizzou

North

Packers vs. Wisconsin

Vikings vs. Minnesota

Lions vs. Michigan

Bears vs. Illinois

East

Giants vs. Rutgers

Eagles vs. Penn State

Skins vs. Virginia Tech

Cowboys vs. Texas

South

Bucs vs. Florida State

Saints vs. LSU

Falcons vs. Georgia

Panthers vs. NC State

espnsig.gif

Oddly enough there was a game years ago where the Super Bowl Champion team would play a team of NCAA college all-stars. I think they stopped it in the late 1970's though. NFL teams didn't want to lose key players to injuries and college players didn't want to lose out on their pro career before it started. I remeber footage of the Pittsburgh Steelers playing a team of players in white uniforms covered with 70's style stars and stripes.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Despite the bad idea this is, and Hedley's way off-topic remark. TCU in Ft Worth would be way closer to the Cowboys than the Longhorns in Austin would be.

The worst NFL team would absolutely CRUSH the best college football team. The best NCAA team (Last year USC) has maybe 10 NFL calibur players topps, while the NFL team has an ENTIRE roster of NFL calibur players. NFL players are bigger, faster, stronger and smarter than college players.

The worst NFL team would absolutely CRUSH the best college football team. The best NCAA team (Last year USC) has maybe 10 NFL calibur players topps, while the NFL team has an ENTIRE roster of NFL calibur players. NFL players are bigger, faster, stronger and smarter than college players.

This isn't the NBA where the game is basically 1-on-1 or 2-on2. THIS IS A TEAM SPORT. And with USC last year, and the NE Patriots, you had a classic example of a TEAM. Every player knew their role and would put aside personal goals for team goals. So I would definitely put my money on USC against San Francisco.

KUHawks.png

This isn't the NBA where the game is basically 1-on-1 or 2-on2. THIS IS A TEAM SPORT. And with USC last year, and the NE Patriots, you had a classic example of a TEAM. Every player knew their role and would put aside personal goals for team goals. So I would definitely put my money on USC against San Francisco.

If that matchup ever occurs, please contact me. I'd love to take your money on that bet.

It's where I sit.

TCU in Ft Worth would be way closer to the Cowboys than the Longhorns in Austin would be.

If proximity is a factor in choosing opponents, then the Eagles should play Penn or Temple instead of Penn State.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived