Modifications On Current Brewers (Concept)

oakland ehs

the glove logo is dead. the current brewers scheme rules. game, set, match.

deal with it :hockeysmiley:

I think we now know why IronChefShark got 259 views on his concept for combining the Brewers' current logo, the Pirates' uniforms and LSU's football uniforms, and absolutely zero comments.

Deal with this: The vast majority of Brewers fans, who pay good money for Brewers merchandise, DON'T LIKE THE NEW LOGO. It represents nothing but failure, night after night after day. The only logo that represents anything actually resembling winning baseball is the ball-in-glove logo. Are you a fan of the late '70s/early '80s Giants unis? You can sit there and name-call and question the intelligence and taste of Brewers fans, but you cannot make them buy something they don't want to buy because they don't like how it looks and it represents losing baseball to them. Game, set, match.

As I said before, I'm not a fan of this logo, the pseudo-Germanic logo, the ball-in-glove logo, the barrelman logo, or every other Brewers logo and look. Every look they've ever have has either been derivative, hokey, or instantly dated. If you want to improve this debate, do something completely different -- something that does not use the Brewers' colors or any current or previous logo.

Packers-2.png

I think we now know why IronChefShark got 259 views on his concept for combining the Brewers' current logo, the Pirates' uniforms and LSU's football uniforms, and absolutely zero comments.

ICS gets looks but no comments by his own design - he usually posts his concepts as polls and closes them from receiving comments. But I digress...

The concept is schizophrenic. New colors, old and new logos all jumbled together. Regardless of which side of the "ball & glove" logo debate you fall on - and as disclosure, I think the ball & glove is an incredibly creative design, but makes zero reference to the team's name or the art of making beer; take from that what you will - PLEASE pick one or the other and go with it. The idea of alternating logos kinda backfires here - patches everywhere from both eras. And changing the current "M" cap logo from white to navy obscures it on the front of the cap - navy letter on navy logo with a thin gold outline makes it blend in too much.

It's well-executed graphically, but the concept needs some rethinking. Sorry...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

brewers1.png

modified this one. decided to keep gold brim because i prefer it with this one.

brewers3.png

small modifications again, just changed patches and touched up the hat/shoulder.

brewersroad.png

just the road version of the first one. different patch on the sleeve and the current hat instead of the one i put together.

don't think i'm going to edit any further as i'm happy with this.

i also wasn't intentionally starting a controversy between the ball/glove logo vs. the current set or any other set. i'm not a brewer's fan and don't really care that much about which they use, so don't take my concept as any sort of opinion. i just thought that some people liked the ball in the glove, so i tried it out.

i'm not skilled enough to make my own scripts and logos so i only use current or past scripts and logos for my concepts.

to anyone who wants the glove logo dead,......rock on  :D

if any of you want to show your love for the underrated, underappreciated logo the brewers currently use, feel free to use the avatar Im currently using

brewersA.gif

death to the glove!  :evil:

Their current logo is amazing IMO :notworthy: !

Im gettin really tired of that ball-in-glove.

o, and by the way, that concepts pretty good. other than milwaukee not being on the roads, i really like it.

teamsnew2.png

I like the glove logo-but not for any of the reasons stated here-

I am not a Brewers fan, and I have no association of it with winning seasons or anything of the sort-so the argument that it's popular because of how the team did when they wore it is not applicable.

I first saw the logo on a baseball card before I had watched much baseball--and I was an Expos' (may they rest in DC) fan as they were the only Canadian team at the time.

I like the simplicity, yet the cleverness of the meshed images and letters.

I still like it--but as to whether they bring it back?

It isn't important to me, I'm not a Brewers fan...

Would I complain if they did? No. I might smile a bit when I heard/saw it.

Do I complainbecause they don't? No

But as a logo do I like it?

Yes, even if it is a bit dated--but so are many logos...

So I will not engage in name calling or the sort about the logo--if somebody posts a concept with it--I'll judge it on it's own merit...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived