Manny wants out of Boston...

Titanium Eagle

The article says he wants out because he has no privacy off of the field -- that won't be any different in NY. Besides, he wants to go and have fun, the article says, he can't have that kind of fun in NY.

Manny's always welcome in Cincinnati :D

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a good one... wanting privacy, yet heading to New York.

If he wants privacy, he should join the Angels. Although Mo Vaughn was a bust, he did say how much he loved playing out here, because people are so used to celebrity sightings that a ballplayer is no big deal.

VmWIn6B.png

I've heard Cliff Floyd might be in the deal as well coming to Boston. I hope that's true. Resign Cameron at the end of the season and resign Cameron. Also, use the money you get from getting rid of Manny's contract, to resign Johnny Damon.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I heard Beltran, Huff, and Cameron. There's no way it would be just Cameron for Manny's 20 mil. Also the Mets want the Sox to pay a big chunk of the contract so I don't think this is happening.

Where the hell have you heard Beltran? I hope the Sox don't get him.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Rumors are circulating saying theres a three way trade nearing the final stages:

Mets Get:

Manny

Bosox get:

Aubrey Huff, Mike Cameron

TB Gets:

Two Top prospects

I heard:

Mets get: Manny, Danys Baez

BoSox get: Aubrey Huff, Mike Cameron

Rays get: prospects

philliescreamersig2copy.png

Ridiculous. They give up Manny and prospects and only get Huff and Cameron? I understand you can't get equal value for Manny -- but they shouldn't pull off any deal that doesn't including Wright or, what I'd prefer, Reyes so he can replace Bellhorn at 2nd. I trust that Theo will rethink this. I saw on ESPN that he told the Mets he wants more.

IUe6Hvh.png

Ridiculous. They give up Manny and prospects and only get Huff and Cameron? I understand you can't get equal value for Manny -- but they shouldn't pull off any deal that doesn't including Wright or, what I'd prefer, Reyes so he can replace Bellhorn at 2nd. I trust that Theo will rethink this. I saw on ESPN that he told the Mets he wants more.

You're exactly right, and the latest news is that the deal has hit a roadblock because the Red Sox have asked for more in return from the Mets. According to ESPN.com, a GM from one of the three clubs (BOS, TB, NYM) said that there's no feasible way the deal will get done unless "something miraculous" happens.

Here's the deal as originally setup:

To New York, From Boston:

OF Manny Ramirez

To New York, From Tampa Bay:

RP Danys Baez

To Boston, From New York:

OF Mike Cameron

To Boston, From Tampa Bay:

OF Aubrey Huff

To Tampa Bay, From New York:

OF Lastings Milledge

P Yusmeiro Petit

To Tampa Bay, From Boston:

C Kelly Shobach

RHP Anibal Sanchez

In addition to the fact that yes, the Red Sox asked for another player from new York(believed to be Kris Benson), the Red Sox have dealt Kelly Shobach to Colorado for Larry Bigbie just hours after Bigbie was traded to the Rockies from the Orioles for Eric Brynes. So, with the D-Rays wanting more prospects and the Red Sox wanting more than Huff and Cameron, the Mets might be forced to shell out two more minor-leaguers to make the other two happy(Triple A Norfolk's Jae Seo and Double A Binghamton's Mike Jacobs would do the trick) - but that would leave the Mets parting with Cameron, Seo and three highly-touted prospects to get Ramirez and Baez, and it's no lock they win this year even with them. Unless Boston will be satisfied with Huff and Cameron AND Tampa Bay is fine iwth only getting three prospects, this is a long shot.

The three GM's involved have made a self-imposed deadline of 12 PM EST Saturday, since the deal would need the extra day on Sunday to be approved cause of the money involved. So, we'll know in the next 8 hours.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Willie Mays would be pissed if that happened he was upset when they gave 24 to Rickey Henderson in 1999.

Had once the Mets even retired 24 for Willie Mays?

The Giants did it because he was a longtime idol... but the Mets? They had Mays only a very short time.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Talks are ongoing, but it's pretty bleak. Mets' officials are ready to dial Texas as soon as the deal falls through, if it does.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Latest news on Manny:

NYM Gets:

BOS OF Manny Ramirez

TAM P Danys Baez

TAM SS Julio Lugo

BOS Gets:

NYM OF Mike Cameron

NYM P Aaron Heilman

NYM(Binghamton Mets) OF Lastings Milledge

TAM OF Aubrey Huff

TAM Gets:

NYM(Binghamton Mets) P Yusmeiro Petit

NYM Prospect to be named

BOS(Portand Sea Dogs) SS Hanley Ramirez

BOS(Portland Sea Dogs) P Anibal Sanchez

That's a much better looking deal for Boston,and Tampa Bay covets Hanley Ramirez - but the Mets adding Heilman and giving up another prospect - well, it's more or less equal value for New York , even though they don't need Lugo, unless he's gonna play second base.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Archived