new old bills

Krona

Yeah, they have been posted. I wouldn't call it the best look in the league, but it's hands down better than the crap that they are wearing now. I would love to see them switch to these (but maybe keep the red helmets and the current logo).

you're about 2 months too late.

but yes, i'd love it if they used these jerseys with the current logo on a white helmet.

and no, the Bills have used FieldTurf the last 2 seasons.

i like the white, but it makes since to go red since they changed because so many teams in the east were wearing white helmets. since then all but the dolphins have changed and the jets are back to white. its weird to think there was a time when all five afc east teams had white helmets. confusing.

so many teams in the east were wearing white helmets.

Very good grubstreet - back in the 80s, Marv Levy noted a high % of interceptions by the Bills over the years. Most, except the Jets all had white helmets. So they changed to Red so that the QB would be able to pick their recievers out.

Pretty neat. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Very good grubstreet - back in the 80s, Marv Levy noted a high % of interceptions by the Bills over the years. Most, except the Jets all had white helmets. So they changed to Red so that the QB would be able to pick their recievers out.

The Bills changed to red helmets for the 84 season. Marv Levy didn't become their coach until the middle of the 86 season.

The Bills changed to red helmets for the 84 season. Marv Levy didn't become their coach until the middle of the 86 season.

It was quarterback Joe Furgeson throwing all the INTs. He was the one who pushed for the red helmet.

fricking beatiful

NO REMOTE-LINKING FROM MY SITE!!!!

That's why my site is down half the time...I've been trying to prevent people from doing this at all, but until I get my site written in something other than crappy ol' FrontPage, I've got to just scold and threaten people (!)...

:P

fricking beatiful

That's why my site is down half the time...I've been trying to prevent people from doing this at all, but until I get my site written in something other than crappy ol' FrontPage, I've got to just scold and threaten people (!)...

sorry. ill photobucket it :D

fricking beatiful

sorry. ill photobucket it :D

Cool. No problem with that...

It was quarterback Joe Furgeson throwing all the INTs. He was the one who pushed for the red helmet.

Yes, it was because of Fergie. He was diagnosed as colorblind so that's why, at least that's what I heard.

Get well soon Joe!!

Absolutely topnotch.

They should make that change PERMANENT.

i agree, only with the current logo on the helmet. the throwback logo reminds me of bad clipart.

throwback uniforms-throwback logo+current logo=one of the best looks in the nfl.

Yes, it was because of Fergie. He was diagnosed as colorblind so that's why, at least that's what I heard.

Get well soon Joe!!

Management, not Ferguson, pushed for the red helmets in 1984, thinking that they would help Fergy distinguish his receivers better downfield. However, in 1983, Ferguson threw 5 INTs against the blue-helmeted Rams, and had his best passing day ever against the white-helmeted Dolphins.

By the way, colorblindness is the inability to distinguish red from green. Ironically, Jim Kelly, not Joe F., really is colorblind, and he played his entire NFL career with the red helmets.

I never really liked the red, and wish they would go back to white with the current logo, regardless of how many teams have white helmets.

looks like they were wearing the throwback helmets at their night practice last night. This guy Andy on the Bills message board took these pictures. The morning practice they were wearing the red helmets though.

I wonder if this is strictly for the fans, to get used to seeing them, to break them in, or a combination of all these reasons.

Anyway, take a look...the guy takes some sweet pictures!

Bills photos

Archived