Sweet Day!

Brass

Went to Pats training camp and the Patriots experience today, and it was awesome! But the day was just getting better.

While waiting for autographs, Randall Gay comes over and signed for EVERYONE with a smile on his face. When he comes to me and is signing my football, I say "Yo Randall. I'll offer you $50 for your practice shirt.". He says, "I don't think I can do that, but wait here and I'll get you something." At this point I am pumped, hoping for something good. In between time I got Rodney Harrison and Hank Poteat's autos. After Randall was done, he came over to me, took off his shirt and gave it to me. What a great guy! Now officially my fav Pat. I now have the jersey haging in a frame in my room. Maybe I'll get a pic up soon!

Just wanted to tell you all!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

That reminds me of the time that wayne simien gave me his practice jersey and aaron miles gave me his practice shorts... It was so exhilarating and awesome I was sweating... It was definately a day i wont forget!

KC Jayhawk

did you give them your coke?

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Cool story Brass! You may be the only person in America with a Gay-worn practice shirt :D

I wish I could go to Pats camp...some year I'll make it up there.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That reminds me of the time that wayne simien gave me his practice jersey and aaron miles gave me his practice shorts... It was so exhilarating and awesome I was sweating... It was definately a day i wont forget!

KC Jayhawk

Hey I was the kid in the MEan Joe Green commercial!

(Okay--not really)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

KC Jayhawk

Hey I was the kid in the MEan Joe Green commercial!

(Okay--not really)

Actaully when he gave me the shirt, I was actually going to say "Wow! Thanks Mean Joe!" But I didn't know if he already saw it and if he didn't, he probably would of thought I mixed him up with someone else and he wants the shirt back. :P

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

i dont mean to steal your thread but I had a day like this Monday. On Monday, I went to a Clearwater Threshers (Phillies Single-A minor league) game. A couple of days before the game I read on the Threshers website that Jim Thome would be doing rehab starts with Clearwater during the next homestand. I was so excited to see a major-league player in a minor league ballpark. I twas a doubleheader and during game 1 there was about an hour-long rain delay. As Jim was walking by I pulled out my pen and baseball hoping to get an autograph, but at the time he was going to the locker room for a short time. After about 20 minutes, he returned to the field to warmup for the rest of game 1. After warmups he was headed toward the dugout and I got his attention and asked politely for his autograph. He was a really nice guy. He asked me how I was doing and if I go to Clearwater games often. I thanked him and then he went on to hit a homer in game 2. I may not be a Phillies fan, but I will always be a Jim Thome fan after that night.

Again, I don't want to steal this thread either, but your stories reminded me of an experience I had this July at a couple of Astros games:

I went to a game to see the Astros play the Padres, and I was really looking forward to getting some autographs (b/c I'm a big Astros fan). I got there about 1.5 hrs before the game, and I got into Minute Maid right when the gates opened. To my dismay, it seemed as if none of the Astros players were willing to sign autographs. Me and a group of fans waited along the 1st baseline for quite a while, and finally I saw someone come out of the dugout and start to sign autographs. I figured there was no way he would make it to me, since I was about 200 ft. away from the dugout. To my amazement, Morgan Ensberg stayed out there for 20-30 min. and signed autographs for every person who was waiting along the baseline, all the way to the outfield fence. Although I came away disappointed that I didn't get to meet more players, it made me feel really good that he was that down-to-earth and kind. I will always be a Morgan Ensberg fan, and I hope that he keeps having a great season. Also, many props to Brian Giles, who was very nice and personable as well. Its nice to see that there are some great ballplayers, and great people, in the MLB.

AM.gif

I got ya all beat....

When I worked for Kodak in Cincinnati, I routinely did Sean Casey's, Barry Larkin's and Gus Frerotte's pictures. I didn't ask for anything since the last thing they wanted was someone to ask them for an autograph when they were out shopping. Sean and I always talked baseball.

So yeah, that was about the only good thing to come out of my time working for Kodak.

Oh yeah I met Ron Artest and Austin Croshere when I worked at the Indianapolis Zoo last year.

Now that I work at a lumberyard all I meet are drunken rednecks.

I got ya all beat....

When I worked for Kodak in Cincinnati, I routinely did Sean Casey's, Barry Larkin's and Gus Frerotte's pictures. I didn't ask for anything since the last thing they wanted was someone to ask them for an autograph when they were out shopping. Sean and I always talked baseball.

So yeah, that was about the only good thing to come out of my time working for Kodak.

im so jealous....

Just out of curiousity, did you talk about headbutting walls with Gus Frerotte?

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

Just out of curiousity, did you talk about headbutting walls with Gus Frerotte?

Nah, he normally wasn't in a great mood when in came in. I mean when he played for the Bengals, being a backup on that team isnt very exciting. Now however, the playoffs are in sight.

Wow that's pretty cool.

I have a friend who knows Brett Favre personally, and so one year I got to go to the private party he has every year before his golf tournament in Biloxi, MS. It was the coolest day of my life!! I met Favre, Michael Strahan, Matt Hasselbeck, Brad Johnson, and a whole bunch of other players. Plus, I actually sat next to Bart Starr at dinner! I didn't realize it at first, but some people around me quickly informed me of that. That was my coolest day ever.

AM.gif

Archived