Albuquerque Thunderbirds

gosioux76

has potential to be either a great logo or a stupid logo. let's hope they pull this off nicely.

My newspaper published a small image of the new logo, but it's not online. The best I can tell the colors are orange, navy and a little yellow.

It's got an eagle-like head that looks a bit like the Atlanta Thrashers' bird head. And it's paired with a basketball being gripped by talon-like claws that looks a lot like the bear paw Grizzlies alt logo.

It looks like they combined an uninspired, but halfway decent primary--the head--with an uninspired, but halfway decent secondary--ball in talon--but it just doesn't work. And that same boring arsed script font rears its ugly head yet again. Shame on the D-League!!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Regardless of what you think of the individual logos in this league, the decision to go with the exact same font for every team's wordmark - with the exception of Arkansas - is a huge mistake.

In my opinion, Florida and Roanoke both need to undergo complete makeovers - new identities, new logos and new wordmarks. Fayetteville can keep the Patriots identity, but the logo and wordmark both need to be revamped. Arkansas needs to lose the Black drop-shadow from the wordmark. Albuquerque, Fort Worth and Tulsa all need to develop new wordmarks.

Come on, Albuquerque. You have a minor league baseball team with a great nickname and a great logo.

Now, you have this bastard child of the BGSU Falcon and Baltimore's Raven.

Thank god that the D-League isn't on TV, or we would get to be tortured by that stinker every time the T-Birds would play.

take the ball/talon away and change the wordmark and this is solid, in my opinion - i don't have a problem, in theory, with the d-league using the same wordmark for all of the teams...provides some consistency...but i have a problem with the wordmark they've chosen - it just doesn't work with most of the logo's - it's kind of bulbous and balloon-like and it doesn't fit

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived