NHL Roshambo!

Roger Clemente

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do we not send our picks to the home team for the games? Both Avs and Oilers are in the Northwest division--so I sent my pick to the NW division leader--Curty. Was that not right? Why was I supposed to send it to southeast? *shrugs*

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

do we not send our picks to the home team for the games?  Both Avs and Oilers are in the Northwest division--so I sent my pick to the NW division leader--Curty.  Was that not right?  Why was I supposed to send it to southeast?  *shrugs*

Because the NW teams never play the SE, so you send your picks to me, the SE leader. Because sending it to the leader of the division of the home team doesn't make sense because what if the leader was the home team that you were playing. That's why you send it to the division in which the home team never plays. And Roger helped out by saying it on page 5, and throughout this thread.

Here, I know people are getting really confused about this, but here are some ideas that I think may work to make it less confusing. See which one, if any, you like best (especially you, Roger).

-->This one I think we definitely need: On the days where your team has a game, you have the whole day, between midnight ET and midnight ET (9 PM PT - 9 PM PT), to send in your picks. This is so we don't have days running into each other.

These are some choices......see if you like any of them:

A. Keep it how it is-division leaders, post winners when you got them.

B. Keep division leaders-once division leaders get finals, they send it to a main leader, who then posts them as he gets them.

C. There are Conference leaders--Two leaders for each conf, a main, and a backup for the game that the main leader is playing in. Games held at a western conf team, sends their picks to the western conference leader.

D. Only have one (or two) main leaders-EVERYONE sends their pick to the one main leader (unless you're playing the leader, then send it to the other leader). The main person posts finals as he gets them.

Just some ideas.

And yea, a board would be nice to post like each days finals, which would make it much easier to determine standings and everything, but just my opinion...... B) .

teamsnew2.png

In regards to the four choices for how to run this league that kingssss has proposed, I am open to all four of them. If there is to be only one main guy that the other five team leaders report to, I can be that guy. If there is to be two, I can be the Western Conference leader (who forsees all the Eastern Conference.)

Kingsss, can you post what the picks were of those three people who won by default? I do keep track of that stuff, if only for a later tie-breaker, and I do have a standings file, that I will post once I am able to declare one final from every team.

Meanwhile, I have one more final to report:

10/07/05

Devils - NJTank: Rock

Flyers - OB33: Scissors

Devils win!

As well, we have a tie...

10/05/05

Canadiens - lopernv: Rock

Bruins - OMMF: Rock

Both are guarenteed one point, but who will get the second? Send me in a second pick ASAP!

I am giving the 10/05/05 OTT @ TOR and NYI @ BUF games till midnight tomorrow night EST to send in their picks. I will not say who of those four have sent in his/their picks to me, but I will confirm that I have received it/them.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Oh my...though I was still surprised how quickly you both responded, we are again, at a stalemate...

10/05/05

Canadiens - lopernv: Rock, Scissors

Bruins - OMMF: Rock, Scissors

Now we enter the SHOOTOUT!!!

Send another pick...

champssig2.png

Kingsss, can you post what the picks were of those three people who won by default?

From Opening Night, Wednesday 10/5:

randyc - Canucks def Coyotes

CC97 - Flames def Wild

Curty - Oilers def Avalanche

StPatty (COL) sent his picks to the wrong leader weds so it goes as a win for EDM.

**Do we have a central division leader yet??

teamsnew2.png

Kingsss, can you post what the picks were of those three people who won by default?

CC97 - Flames def Wild

StPatty (COL) sent his picks to the wrong leader weds so it goes as a win for EDM.

Actually, I meant if they picked rock, paper or scissors.

champssig2.png

CC97 - Flames def Wild

Actually, I meant if they picked rock, paper or scissors.

Oh, sorry, yea I forgot I'd posted this before.

randyc-VAN - PAPER

CC97-CGY - SCISSORS

Curty-EDM - SCISSORS

teamsnew2.png

RC i submitted my rangers v. montreal the other day...results not posted...

please post a list of the leaders and such...are you going to start a board for this thing...??

:D

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

RC i submitted my rangers v. montreal the other day...results not posted...

please post a list of the leaders and such...are you going to start a board for this thing...??

:D

Well, before I can declare the final in the MTL @ NYR game, I need to declare a winner in the MTL @ BOS game, which is in shootout mode right now.

I would love to have a board for this, to make it easier to post the results as they come in, but the one person who you have to report fantasy league ideas too seems to have disappeared (i.e. gone to Toronto) and the one person who can make it for us is, well..........he's in this very league.....???

champssig2.png

As the NW leader, it would be easiest for me if when you sent in your selection, to tell me your team, who you're playing, and on what date. I get a little confused when I just have [example: Oilers - Rock] since I don't have a schedule in front of me so I dont know who's playing who on what day. Thanks.

6uXNWAo.png

As the NW leader, it would be easiest for me if when you sent in your selection, to tell me your team, who you're playing, and on what date. I get a little confused when I just have [example: Oilers - Rock] since I don't have a schedule in front of me so I dont know who's playing who on what day. Thanks.

Same for me. Im the Atlantic leader so tonight I would get Avalanche-Stars game and the Wild-Coyote game.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

As the NW leader, it would be easiest for me if when you sent in your selection, to tell me your team, who you're playing, and on what date.  I get a little confused when I just have [example: Oilers - Rock] since I don't have a schedule in front of me so I dont know who's playing who on what day.  Thanks.

Same for me. Im the Atlantic leader so tonight I would get Avalanche-Stars game and the Wild-Coyote game.

Same.

And here is today's first final, you're caught up with these two teams right, RC?

10/8/05

Canucks - randyc: Rock

Oilers - DirtyCurty: Scissors

Vancouver wins

teamsnew2.png

Finally...a final!

10/05/05

Canadiens - lopernv: Rock, Scissors, Rock, Paper

Bruins - OMMF: Rock, Scissors, Rock, Scissors

Bruins win!!! 2 Points!!!

Canadiens get one point for the shootout loss.

Meanwhile....we're still deadlocked in upstate New York...

10/05/05:

Islanders - sp0rtsguy13: Paper, Paper

Sabres - wilson: Paper, Paper

Please send me your new picks, each of you...

champssig2.png

Archived