NHL Roshambo!

Roger Clemente

I would vote for a temporary suspension of activities, to get thngs better sorted. I'm working on some idea proposals, and will post them when finalized, if anyone's interested.

Sure. Sounds good.

I also had some ideas like on page 6 or 7 or aroudn there I'm not sure.

teamsnew2.png

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
NHL Roshambo, R.I.P.

I hope not, this still could work. We just need some ideas to make it smoother and easier to understand. Here are some of my ideas that I posted like 3 pages ago. How do any of these sound? Anyone else have any ideas?

Here, I know people are getting really confused about this, but here are some ideas that I think may work to make it less confusing. See which one, if any, you like best (especially you, Roger).

-->This one I think we definitely need: On the days where your team has a game, you have the whole day, between midnight ET and midnight ET (9 PM PT - 9 PM PT), to send in your picks. This is so we don't have days running into each other.

These are some choices......see if you like any of them:

A. Keep it how it is-division leaders, post winners when you got them.

B. Keep division leaders-once division leaders get finals, they send it to a main leader, who then posts them as he gets them.

C. There are Conference leaders--Two leaders for each conf, a main, and a backup for the game that the main leader is playing in. Games held at a western conf team, sends their picks to the western conference leader.

D. Only have one (or two) main leaders-EVERYONE sends their pick to the one main leader (unless you're playing the leader, then send it to the other leader). The main person posts finals as he gets them.

Just some ideas.

And yea, a board would be nice to post like each days finals, which would make it much easier to determine standings and everything, but just my opinion......

teamsnew2.png

We can do a quick best-of-1 playoff series between the top 8 finishers in each conference and go on from there tournament-style until we have a quicky champion, but no way is everyone gonna get into playing out an entire season.

6uXNWAo.png

We can do a quick best-of-1 playoff series between the top 8 finishers in each conference and go on from there tournament-style until we have a quicky champion, but no way is everyone gonna get into playing out an entire season.

True, there is only 10-20% of the teams actually sending in their pick. With the people that are devoted to this league, we could even possibly set up our own small schedule like an "Original 6" idea but with more teams. That way, we can get some games in that aren't neccesairly knockout games and then get into a playoffs. I geuss you could call it a round robin. Before playoff games begin.

• 6 months later...

Bringing back a really old thread here, but I was wondering maybe if this format could work a lot better for the upcoming NFL season. Itd be much easier, only one game per week would have to be sent, and only a total of sixteen games throughout the year. I was hoping it would work out with the NHL, but obviously that never happened. Just thought about it, and I think itd be much better during the NFL season.

Edit: Called the Cowboys

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

To add to Jesus' reply on this Lazarus post, if it does get resurrected, and I get to play as my Chargers, I vow not to suck this time. I wasn't able to give the time I needed to last time.

Archived